AVF Sony Alpha thread (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone near Edinburgh, Jessops in Shandwick place has a used Sony 24-105 for £197, not sure if thats a good price or not.......

Would £150.00 delivered be better for you? Off to bed said Zeberdee . . . B O I N G!

Not sure I really need a 24-105 when I have a 28-105 or is it meant to be significantly better?

AS you may have noticed this Carried on from here

Last edited:
Good idea mate, was about to suggest a new thread!

Chris

I have no idea, but I don't think you NEED it Chris.

I'm just pondering whether I really need another 4mm and could sell my 28-105.

Thanks Pirate! Both lenses seems similarly regarded over at Dyxum, I suspect they are exactly the same save for 4mm, think I will pass and make do with my 28-105 and of course my Sigma 17-70 which is on its way.

Just to confuse you even more I have the Min 24-105mm D and it's my most used lens by far simply down to the versatility and IQ.

Not sure that 4mm will make much difference to you if the reviews are similar on dyxum but it's a corker of a lens that's for sure.

I've finally had the chance to play around with my Minolta 24-85mm.

Just a few family snaps over the weekend in the sun, this lens is a keeper, for £90 it is definitely a kit lens replacement. :smashin:

Hi

Just got an A200 and like the camera but not that impressed by the kit lens.
Mate of mine is going to the states tomorrow and I am considering buying a lens for him to bring back.
Can anyone recommend a 300mm lens that will be of good value and do the job of the kit lens and give me good zoom features and a reasonable macro.

Cheers Darren

Edit. Just seen this one and the reviews look good for the price any thoughts? http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-Autofo...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'm also looking for a zoom lense, perhaps not 300mm maybe something along the lines of the Minolta 70-210mm "beercan". Is this a good place to start or are there any other cheaper alternatives?

I'm also looking for a zoom lense, perhaps not 300mm maybe something along the lines of the Minolta 70-210mm "beercan". Is this a good place to start or are there any other cheaper alternatives?

The beercan is a great lens, built like a tank, pretty sharp and a constant f4 aperture.

However, as it's name suggests, it is a beercan in size and heavy. You may instead want to look at lighter and more compact zooms.

For around the same money you can get a Tamron/Sigma/Sony f4-5.6 300mm zoom. As much as I love the beercan's image quality and aperture, do you really need the f4 or would you be better off with a new 300mm zoom?

Hi

Just got an A200 and like the camera but not that impressed by the kit lens.
Mate of mine is going to the states tomorrow and I am considering buying a lens for him to bring back.
Can anyone recommend a 300mm lens that will be of good value and do the job of the kit lens and give me good zoom features and a reasonable macro.

Cheers Darren

Edit. Just seen this one and the reviews look good for the price any thoughts? Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tamron Autofocus 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD with Hood Sony Alpha DSLR A700, A350, A300, A200, A100 SLR Digital Camera

I replaced my Kit lens with a Sony 18-250mm and while it was expensive its a first class lens IMO..... I took it to London with me a few weeks back and it work really well, There are a few shots on my Flickr link you can look at if you like.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Guys
We have specific classified forums Digital Camera and Camcorder Classifieds

Please use them and don't deal via PM, the forums will try and protect your interests where possible if a sale goes sour but we can't if you deal behind closed doors!!!

Buyer and seller beware ;)

I'm also looking for a zoom lens, perhaps not 300mm maybe something along the lines of the Minolta 70-210mm "beercan". Is this a good place to start or are there any other cheaper alternatives?

Dyxum.com is always a good place to start . . . . and yes, there are 'cheaper' alternatives if you shop wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom