AVF Pro Evo 5 Champions League Summer 2006: Sunday July 30 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Right, I'm seeing if anyone's interested in playing a Pro Evo tournament starting this Sunday at 9pm. I'm going for the tried-and-trusted Champions League format, with the group games all in one night (Sunday) and the knock-outs the following week (August 6).

We'll need at least 8 players to make this fly, but 16 would be ideal. Please post your interest below, and I'll run all the admin.

The one and only condition is you need to commit to being on Live for at least 1 hour this Sunday and next Sunday at 9pm.
(If people want to complain about this time, go for it, if there's an obvious better choice, we'll switch).

So the first week, there will be 3x group games, and the next 3x knockout games (possibly with longer match times).

You can choose to be any standard club team, with anyone choosing whichever team they want - the skill of the player is tested here, not the luck of the draw of their team! You will however need to post which team you want to use when you sign up and stick with it right through the tournament.

Group results:

Knockout results from Sunday August 6th:

Settings to be used for matches (if not listed use default):

Points change: Off
Match length: 10 mins
Condition: Normal
Weather: Fine

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Munkey you uBer n00b. what is on TV on sunday at 8pm?
TOP GEAR you fool :suicide:

make it 9pm and i'll join to give you another mighty beating

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Pooon said:
Munkey you uBer n00b. what is on TV on sunday at 8pm?
TOP GEAR you fool :suicide:

make it 9pm and i'll join to give you another mighty beating
:rotfl: Told you I didn't watch that rubbish (plus ain't you got Sky+, or at least an old 1980's video recorder to go under that HD Panny?)! I hope they drop a caravan on Clarkson's head one day... 9pm it is then :smashin:

Pooon

Distinguished Member
4 players is fine Munkey, your only lose all 3 anyway :devil:

D

DanTheMan_77

Forgot my password for here, hence the delay, but count me in!

Gamertag : Harbinator
Team: AC Milan

Thats 5. Can't have a proper touney without at least 8, so come on guys... 3 more please.... Or are you all running scared.....

Bring it on!

Dan

Pooon

Distinguished Member
i'm not playing harbinator and his dodgy conection :D Long time no see dan

D

DanTheMan_77

Haha. Check Pooon out and his dodgy excuses! Running scared mate?! :D

I'll have you know my connection is s**t hot now! haha. No dodgy NTL rubbish anymore.

Harbinator is back in town and you are all scared of getting your asses kicked by the king! haha.

Anyone up to the task?

Bring it on....!

L8rs
Dan

D

DanTheMan_77

Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence.... and the idea is if you throw the gauntlet down hopefully more than 4 people will want to beat me!!!

:thumbsup:

av addict

hi guys ok i'll put my name down but due to work might be called or might not
be called into work on sundays--if you still want me to play i'l be chelsea

friday nights might me better for me

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Cheers Sparky - I know whatever time I was to pick, some wouldn't be able to make it, I just thought Sunday night would be a safe bet as very few work then. To make this thing work we really need to know that people can turn up when suggested, otherwise I know from experience fixtures don't get completed. I'll keep you in mind though, cheers!

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Put me down... I should be able to make it but, if not, I'll try and give you as much notice as possible.

If you get the numbers without me though then go ahead and I'll be there next time :smashin:

I'm still getting used to the 360 controller on Pro Evo after years of PS2.

D

DanTheMan_77

Come on guys.....!

Surely theres 3 decent Pro Evo guys out there who are free on Sunday night.

I just think you are all scared of getting 6 put past you now I'm back! hehe

:D

Dan

jace989

Novice Member
if points off
then i could spend 1 hour on sunday on live

GT: jace989
team: Inter Milano

ps what team is stretford united

mpaul0055

IM IN IM IN :)

Only one question guys.. Ive tried it on live before and it was jumping everywhere. I only have a 512k connection. Was it me? Or is a 512 ok :)

If its ok, Im in.... And In Hurts Me To Say... So Very Very Much... Infact i dont know if i can say them words...

Cough..

Ahem....

Ahhhhhh

Ill Go Man United... Spontaniously Combusts......:rotfl:

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Cheers mpaul, you should be fine on a 512 so long as there's nothing else using your connection while you're playing. It should be fine as we'll all be UK based players anyway. I'll put you down on the list :smashin: (even though you are the infidel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett