Quantcast

AVF Online Matchmaker Gamertags

durera

Ever find yourself all alone at home, just wishing you had some friends? Well, a few folks here have created some gamertags that may just change your life. If you are interested in playing any of the following games on a regular basis add the gamertag to your friend's list, and expect the invites to flood in.

Remember to remove yourself from the tags if you've had enough of the game, the lists will only work if they're full of people active in the particular game concerned and ready to accept invites. If you want to speed up getting accepted onto the friends list, send a message over Live to the person who runs the tag (listed below) to let them know you've applied.

How to use the tags

Once you're accepted on a list, you can join someone's game in progress, or if there isn't one, set one up yourself.

Joining someone elses game
  • Open your guide by pressing the guide button on your 360 controller (the big silver button right in the middle)
  • Navigate to your friends list and select the AVF tag of the game you want to play
  • Move right to view their profile and select "View Friends"
  • The list of people on the tag is now shown, scroll down the list until you see someone playing the game you want to join who has a joinable icon
  • Select them and select "Join session in progress"
  • If someone is playing the game but doesn't have the joinable icon, send them a message via Live with "?" as the text - as soon as a slot becomes available, they'll send you an invite to join the game.
How to set-up a game and invite people
  • Create a lobby in the game you want to play - you may want to make the lobby private if you don't want non-AVF members to play
  • Open your guide and navigate to your friends list
  • Select the AVF gamertag of the game you want to play, and move right to "View Friends"
  • Send an invite to all the people that are online in that list, whether they're playing another game or not (people are free to ignore invites if they wish as no-one is obliged to accept an invite, but the point of being on the list is to receive invites for that game)

AVF Matchmaker Gamertags:
Tag|Game|Owner|Discussion Thread
| Anything | Durera | This thread

| Anything | Brogan | Group Discussion Thread | Anything | snorbawod | Group Discussion Thread | Scottish Clan | DR Kronenbourg | Group Discussion Thread | Tournaments | Deftones |

| Battlefield 1943 | DpM | Group Discussion Thread | Battlefield Bad Company | Covert Recon | None

| Burnout Paradise | Munkey Boy | Group Discussion Thread | Call of Duty 4 (FULL) | KavanF1 | Group Discussion Thread | Call of Duty 4 | KavanF1 | As Above

| Call of Duty 4 "Michael Myers" | Hillskill | Group Discussion Thread | Call of Duty 5 World at War | kavanf1 | Group Discussion Thread | Call of Duty Zombie Mode | Deftones | Group Discussion Thread | Colin McCrae DiRT 2 | Tetlee | Group Discussion Thread | Easy Golf | Tetlee | Group Discussion Thread | Far Cry 2 | ja5on | None

| FIFA | the_jinj | None

Has anyone else created tags for other games? If you do create any new tags try to create them as "AVF gameName", that way all the AVF tags will sit next to one another all pretty in our Friend's Lists :)

Last edited by a moderator:

durera

| Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising | Captain Speedy | Group Discussion Thread | Forza Motorsport 3 | C225 | Group Discussion Thread | Frontlines - Fuel of War | Tetlee | Group Discussion Thread | Grand Theft Auto | kavanf1 | Group Discussion Thread | Guitar Hero | Guns_LotsOfGuns |

| Halo 3 | Munkey Boy | Group Discussion Thread | Halo ODST Firefight | TG V1P3R | Group Discussion Thread | Left 4 Dead | oasismark | Group Discussion Thread | Modern Warfare 2 | Deftones | Group Discussion Thread | Modern Warfare 2 | Gordon B | Group Discussion Thread | Modern Warfare 2 | S7005H | Group Discussion Thread | Modern Warfare 2 | KOPCHOIR | Group Discussion Thread | Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops | Deftones | Group Discussion Thread | Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 | reddevil63 | None

| Red Dead Redemption | Oasismark | None

| Rock Band | Durera | Group Discussion Thread | Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 09 | spammy2505 | Group Discussion Thread

Formal Clans:

| Race Driver: Grid | TVR_Fan | Group Discussion Thread | Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 | TVR_Fan | Group Discussion Thread | Project Gotham Racing 4 | TVR_Fan | Group Discussion Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

1LeeDenton

Nice one durera, however I think its Codehead UK who started the GoW one :thumbsup:

IIRC it is kavanf1 who started the COD4 one?? Could be wrong on that one though...

EDIT: Yeah, it was kavanf1: AVF COD4 Group

kav

Distinguished Member
Thanks Durera, good idea. The first COD friends list is now full - I had to set up a second one (click on my sig if interested), which still has about 80 spaces left on it. Get the FRs in!

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I foresee a day when we have one of these going for all the big Live games, it works really well in my experience. Anyone is welcome to start one (you can do it at Xbox.com if you want - all you need is an email address you can use for the LiveID) so long as you keep accepting those invites...

(Hmmm, do we need a Frontlines one? 50 player servers can be hard to fill!)

durera

Thanks Durera, good idea. The first COD friends list is now full - I had to set up a second one (click on my sig if interested), which still has about 85-90 spaces left on it. Get the FRs in!
I think the problem wtih 2 tags for one game is that people are either on one tag or the other, with no access to one of the lists, I'd suggest it'd be a better idea to trim people that aren't playing the game online, and keep it to one tag per game.

Edit: I've added both for now anyway :)

kav

Distinguished Member
I think the problem wtih 2 tags for one game is that people are either on one tag or the other, with no access to one of the lists, I'd suggest it'd be a better idea to trim people that aren't playing the game online, and keep it to one tag per game.

Edit: I've added both for now anyway :)
Yeah, the initial plan was to set up a link between both - I thought that you could view friends of friends of friends, if you see what I mean. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, so we're stuck with two lists.

I'm not sure how to cut it down and be fair about it - I think everyone on the list still plays COD, but whether or not they take advantage of the list is a different story...

Anybody got suggestions on the best way to do a cull?

Brogan

Novice Member
You could send a message to all "friends" on the gamertag asking them to reply if they still want to be on the list.
Any that don't respond within a time limit can be deleted.

I have a feeling though there would still be too many for 1 gamertag.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I'm happy to set up a GTA one, if you want? I get the feeling it will be full before the game is released!
I'm happy to do a Frontlines one, seeing as I'm addicted to the demo & playing it pretty much around the clock at the moment it would come in handy, was thinking of doing one anyway so will get on it:thumbsup:

[EDIT]Ok, AVF Frontlines(couldn't fit "group" or "clan" in the profile title) is now active, group discussion thread here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6459961#post6459961 [End]

durera

Yeah, the initial plan was to set up a link between both - I thought that you could view friends of friends of friends, if you see what I mean. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, so we're stuck with two lists.

I'm not sure how to cut it down and be fair about it - I think everyone on the list still plays COD, but whether or not they take advantage of the list is a different story...

I'd suggest sending a message to all friends of the tag along the lines of "We've met the maximum capacity, if you are not actively using this matchaking gamertag please remove it from your friends' list so that others may join." I too thought we'd be able to see friend's of friends of friends, and saw the main Clan tag being a nice way to index all the seperate game tags, but unfortunately it didn't work that way :(

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest sending a message to all friends of the tag along the lines of "We've met the maximum capacity, if you are not actively using this matchaking gamertag please remove it from your friends' list so that others may join."
I think that's the fairest way. I've dropped out from the CoD4 tag seeing as I so rarely play anyway and will even less after the Frontlines release.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I've created a Team Fortress 2 tag.

I know this game isn;t that popular, but it certainly enhances it when played with friends.

Add away if you like playing TF2.

Can this be added to the 1st post please.

durera

I've created a Team Fortress 2 tag.

I know this game isn;t that popular, but it certainly enhances it when played with friends.

Add away if you like playing TF2.

Can this be added to the 1st post please.
That's even more reason for a tag for the game to be honest :) Added to the first post.

Codehead

We need a chat thread for the TF2 tag, I would start one, but I figure that Mark owns the tag, so he should have his name on the thread. :smashin:

-Spike-

Great idea :)
:thumbsup: to all involved in setting this up.

FR sent to the AVF GoW List. Getting back into this and with most on my friends list continually playing CoD4 it will make a nice change :D

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer