Quantcast

AVF Netflix Recommended

shodan

Distinguished Member

BAN5HEE

Binge watched the new Netflix Animation called - Big Mouth - It's hilarious and if you like Rick and Morty you will probably like this.

thewhofan

Really enjoying Mindhunter at the moment. :thumbsup:

Hampy1972

Mindhunters is brill.
UHD 4K also

tommitch

If you like a bit of dark British humour go for Psychoville or Inside No.9.
Both BBC series featuring Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith

Also, its been around a while but I'm currently on season 5 of Dexter, and I definitely recommend it!

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Any of you watching Mindhunter in dolby vision? Any issues with glowing black screen?

dannylau

Standard Member
I just started watching "The Good Place" and I couldn't stop laughing, my only bugbear is the episodes are only 20 odd minutes long, there are 2 seasons up ATM well worth a look

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Any of you watching Mindhunter in dolby vision? Any issues with glowing black screen?
Not another one? Is that what you're experiencing then? Elevated blacks or brightness flucs?

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Not another one? Is that what you're experiencing then? Elevated blacks or brightness flucs?
When the screen goes black it's a bit elevated, but it does not seem to affect content. When I compare it to the HDR10 version, picture within content looks just as deep and vibrant. It's only black backgrounds such as during closing credits that look washed out.

[email protected]

Just watched today's release of Designated Survivor which was followed with advert/trailer for another Netflix Original Stephen King adaptation of 1922, which is released tomorrow. Looks very good.
Staggered by how good Netflix are making their own series and films sometimes.

SyStemDeMoN

Binge watched the new Netflix Animation called - Big Mouth - It's hilarious and if you like Rick and Morty you will probably like this.
I wasn't sure after episode 1 but if you stick with it then the reward is great

thewhofan

When the screen goes black it's a bit elevated, but it does not seem to affect content. When I compare it to the HDR10 version, picture within content looks just as deep and vibrant. It's only black backgrounds such as during closing credits that look washed out.
Check this vid out. Skip to 26min 10sec.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Yes, I know what he points out at 26 mins, but based on his entire comparison overview, the those perceived raise blacks spotted during the credits do no affect actual content or otherwise DV would have looked somewhat washed out next to HDR10. But instead, even he pointed out that DV appears to be darker/bolder, comparing DV to gamma 2.4 and HDR10 to gamma 2.2

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Yes, I know what he points out at 26 mins, but based on his entire overview, those raise blacks spotted during the credits do no affect actual content, or otherwise DV would have looked somewhat washed out next to HDR10. But instead, even he pointed out that DV appears to be darker/bolder, comparing DV to gamma 2.4 and HDR10 to gamma 2.2

deansgate

Standard Member
Riverdale is quite good, loosely based on the Archie comic series, season 2 just started

Ronan1

Ok, watched Wheelman just now with Frank Grillo. If anyone loves cars, tense shoot outs, heists and beautiful camera work then this is a little gem. Very short but tense movie shot completely at night time and mostly from behind the wheel of a high speed car and all the better for it. I loved it!

Roku2

Distinguished Member
I noticed that Netflix UK gets a lot more feature films than Netflix US....weird trend

millerlfc

Has everyone seen the Stranger Things easter egg yet?

Think it only works by logging into the actual Netflix website rather than an app - navigate to the Stranger Things main page (i.e. from where you have options for overview, episodes, trailer etc.) and on the far right of the screen you just about make out a glowing red... something.

Click on it.

Latest News

BenQ launches new Home Cinema and Gaming projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Acorn TV streaming service to launch in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG UK 2020 TV rollout and prices revealed
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV shipment forecasts slashed for Q2 2020