AVF iTrader etiquette.....

Wildkarrde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if many of you trade on the classifieds either buying or selling but i ask you, is leaving feedback that much of a hassle?
It's a real bugbear for me people who don't. The way i see it is, if you sell the item then the buyer leaves feedback, if you buy and item you do the feedback.
I've just been tidying mine up and leaving feedback for guys who bought from me but never left any for me.
One of the guys has not left feedback for anyone since 2010!! He's got a real high iTrader status too :thumbsdow
It's not difficult to do especially if you receive feedback. It's just plain ignorant and lazy imo.
A persons iTrader gives you an insight to how they operate, very handy on a community like this where there is no real buyer protection and it's a little caveat.

Agree 100% , you get nagged if you don't on fleabay , you should on here as well ....

One of the guys has not left feedback for anyone since 2010!! He's got a real high iTrader status too :thumbsdow
From the trading rules..

Persistent failure to reciprocate ratings may result in removal of ratings you've received

Not sure how you'd go about getting that done. Maybe contact a trading super mod?

I leave feedback whenever I can but sometimes I forget who I've left feedback for when I've had a flurry of trading, it's easy to forget. I don't think the system is great either really, too easy to leave /receive duplicate feedback

Though sounds like that guy just can't be bothered tbh

I find it infuriating, ive not got a high itrader but numerous times ive had to ask for feedback, sometimes without any response or it being left :(

I had a recent example of this.

I bought a blu, paid instantly and when it turned up left positive feedback the same day.

I got no reciprocal feedback even though I was the buyer and paid instantly.

I left it a week or so then sent a friendly prompt asking him to reciprocate when he got a spare moment.
Nothing done even though he was on the forum frequently.

A week or so later I sent him another friendly prompt but must admit to asking if there had been a problem with my instant payment - with a smilie.

I got a really sarcastic message back saying that as it was "so important to me" he will give me feedback.

What the hell is the matter with these guys - It's just common courtesey and doesn't take a second. :rolleyes:

I got a really sarcastic message back saying that as it was "so important to me" he will give me feedback.

What the hell is the matter with these guys - It's just common courtesey and doesn't take a second. :rolleyes:

:eek:

I thought i had it bad :laugh:

I'll be honest I'm pretty bad at this..... I use the forums from my phone and as a result iTrader is unusable.........

From the trading rules..

Persistent failure to reciprocate ratings may result in removal of ratings you've received
Members wouldn't necessarily know if someone was a persistent offender.

Just checked the profile of the guy I had the issue with and found a message from someone else who had a problem with him :rolleyes:

...I don't think the system is great either really....
Could be better perhaps but members do get a notification of Feedback.
That should be enough to generate a response.

As a Classifieds Mod I do feel there should be a penalty system in place regarding members failure to post feedback on trades they have completed. As has been stated here not only is it infuriating and incredibly impolite, it is also a yardstick by which members can judge each other to form some basis of trust before entering into any negotaitions. Obviously, high FB is no guarantee of integrity, but it certainly goes a long way to creating trust between two parties, especially for new members where they are commonly asked to post items first to a more long standing member.

The only issue that would fly against this is that some members do genuinely forget, myself included. However there are persistent offenders who are happy to receive FB and yet never seem to reciprocate it but implementing a penalty system to target these members would be difficult.

Far simpler to ask that any member that doesn't receive feedback should simply report it and ask a moderator to remove the feedback they have submitted the other way. Once the persistently offending members noticed their feedback was being removed, I'm certain they would change their attitude.

Bugs me too.I always leave feedback but rarely recieve it.Also had people not even mention they've received the item,let alone leave me feedback.

..Far simpler to ask that any member that doesn't receive feedback should simply report it and ask a moderator to remove the feedback..
Not a bad idea.

Maybe the feedback could then be resubmitted but downgraded to Neutral with a comment stating why.

That would concentrate the minds of offenders more than just removal.

Never used to be a problem for me but recently I've had quite a few people who haven't left feedback . It really grinds my gears ... I don't think they should be able to trade again until they have left feedback for the previous trade :)

Leaving feedback could be simpler, for someoen who rarely trades it is manually copy links etc. and I have to go back, dig throguh the FAQ.
How about a simple "Leave feedback" link in the advert thread?

It is annoying, but I rarely bother chasing... I think the main reasons is that it is a bit of a fiddle to actually leave feedback, its not straight forward.

what bugs me is people who dont leave feedback until you have left it.... :thumbsdow

In my opinion, if the person has paid for something from me then they get feedback right away (as long as ive not forgot) as, in my opinion, their part of the deal has been completed successfully. :lesson:

what gets me is, i pay first, recieve the item second and still dont get feedback until i do it first.... annoying...:nono:

Another bug bear is people who insist on payment up front despite relatively low feedback when mine is almost double theirs.... If anything then they should send first but thats a whole other moan of mine...:mad:

Glad to see i'm not the only one then! For those saying it's a bit of a faffle i would agree to an extent. If it's something you've bought then when it arrives there's a good chance that sellers thread is till up and running. Going back to that thread and adding iTrader feedback should be straightforward.
If you receive fedback then it's even easier as you get a pop up telling you that you have received some. It opens up another tab where you can click on the yellow script and all the info is filled in, just add your comment!

If you receive a polite PM asking you to return feedback and ignore it, that's just ignorant. This is the route i generally go down if none left. If that gets ignored then it just pisses me off as that person clearly got the PM but still can't be arsed to do it :mad:.

I agree with one of the posters where they think it's getting worse. You are encouraged to do so and on the most famous auction site you are reminded to do so, why not here?

I'll be honest I'm pretty bad at this..... I use the forums from my phone and as a result iTrader is unusable.........

BINGO!

Could be better perhaps but members do get a notification of Feedback.
That should be enough to generate a response.

See above

As a Classifieds Mod I do feel there should be a penalty system in place regarding members failure to post feedback on trades they have completed.(ETC)

But again this is ignoring those that use the place via app.

I've complained numerous times that I cant really use the place properly at times whilst at work (and there is ntohing I can do about upgrading IE versions and cookies etc) on a PC and I dont use PC's at home (I spend enough time on it in the day, I dont need it at night).

So here I am on a PC, waiting an age to get it loading pages (despite my work having a good connection?!) so I can leave feedback today. I do it cause I think its fair but I dont blame those that dont cause of the app. Why allow people to trade via the app but not give them the ability to leave feedback?!

iTrader's not perfect but its not bad, better than some sites but I think more would use it if you could do it by the app

Is there a case for having positive feedback left automatically after a period of time - say a few weeks - if none is put in? I would assume users will leave negative feedback if they are negative, but would not bother for a positive trade - as that is what you are expecting.

The feedback leaving system is also crazy.

BINGO!

See above

But again this is ignoring those that use the place via app.

I've complained numerous times that I cant really use the place properly at times whilst at work (and there is ntohing I can do about upgrading IE versions and cookies etc) on a PC and I dont use PC's at home (I spend enough time on it in the day, I dont need it at night).

So here I am on a PC, waiting an age to get it loading pages (despite my work having a good connection?!) so I can leave feedback today. I do it cause I think its fair but I dont blame those that dont cause of the app. Why allow people to trade via the app but not give them the ability to leave feedback?!

iTrader's not perfect but its not bad, better than some sites but I think more would use it if you could do it by the app

Can you not use the browser on your phone? I'm a BB user and can access the site via this way. I can do everything i can do on the PC just on a smaller screen.
Just tried my workmates iPad, went through Safari and done everything as normal.

There are pro traders here making money out of forum members.
Some members have 99.8% classified threads and posts and that's it.
Blu-rays are the biggest fraud buy blu ray burn sell.
Seeing it more and more there are definate pro traders here mobile phones is another.

Adding your ratings is a massive part of the whole process of buying/selling on this forum. I try to buy as much kit on here first before looking elsewhere.

I have "touch wood" always got feedback from my deals on here and it's shame to hear its slipping in some instances / I wouldn't mind but it's takes only a few seconds LOL

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom