AVF GRAW Team Tournament.....

B

Biccy

Hello people....

Just wondered how much interest there would in a GRAW Team Elimination (Sharpshooter) tournament for AVF members. There's been a tournament for most other 360 games recently so how about for GRAW as it seems most people have played this game at some point.

I won't bog this post down with too many details cos it'll be better to see how much interest there is before we start going into detailed rules etc...

The format would be something basic like 6 players per team (obviously all AVF members, and registered on AVF at a date before this post to stop players being draughted in at last minute!). Both competing teams would pick a preferred map & play a game from both spawn points (so 4 games in total).

If there's enough teams wanting to do it then it could be straight knockout, if we only get a few then maybe a round-robin league.

I do have quite a few other thoughts on game format & specific rules, but i'll go into that if there is a genuine interest from other people, so i'd post them after if we go ahead. Obviously if it gets to a point where I post a first attempt at rules then it'd be good to hear suggestions for other rules etc, & no problem for changes to mine if you think they're unsuitable too.

Let me know what you think...:)

I'll have a go if this goes ahead but i will warn people i am not very good.

C225 said:
I'll have a go if this goes ahead but i will warn people i am not very good.

It's all for a bit of fun anyway (although i'm sure it'll get competitive!), main thing is to get a few games going, & if you win all the better!

I'm sure there's gunna be a few teams within AVF anyway, or at least a few people that play together that need a bit of topping up to get to 6 players.

i'm up for it as you know already. !

I'll be up for it, if I can fit it with my busy schedule.

There's already and AVF GRAW clan anyway, so I reckon you'll get interest from these guys

Oh and could we do it with the standard maps as opposed to Chapter 2? As I haven't, and probably won't be buying it. That's me being selfish of course :)

Yep, count me in. Someone pm me if there's any development on it though.

I would think about joining in, but at the moment I am too busy playing in the SF2: HF tournament.

Biccy / Hitman (or whatever you're calling yourself these days fella! :D)

When are you looking to go ahead with it? You know I'd be up for it, the phone line's getting installed on Monday so hopefully the Broadband should follow shortly after.

If I can get online in time then count me in :smashin:

AVF GRAW clan is already taken.
Unfortunatley , we have only had 4 members serious enough to get the content and join the games.

rio1981 said:
Biccy / Hitman (or whatever you're calling yourself these days fella! :D)

When are you looking to go ahead with it? You know I'd be up for it, the phone line's getting installed on Monday so hopefully the Broadband should follow shortly after.

If I can get online in time then count me in :smashin:

Hiya mate. I've already sent you a message to your 360 earlier in the week about this before I started this thread, but I guessed you may not have got it so Matt was gunna give you a buzz to let you know soon.

i am up for a quick blast of graw now and again so add me as long as its not to serious and just for a bit of fun

hottstuff said:
Unfortunatley , we have only had 4 members serious enough to get the content and join the games.

I apologise now if i've misinterpreted what you're saying....it's not to try & set up an AVF GRAW clan, but to try & get some teams of AVF members playing against each other (i'm 1 of 6 from here that play together so we've got a team).

If you're able to top-up your's with 2 other AVF players then that's 2 teams to enter. If you're struggling to get players cos of the problem of people without the new download content not being able to join your games then there is a fix.....the host of your team save your gamer profile to a memory card, & unplug your hard-drive, then people without the new content can join your game.

hottstuff said:

I have the content and was serious, I lost interest when i was told i was in the clan was listed on this forum as being so only to find myself removed from the clan 30 mins later.

Does the AVForums GRAW clan have a thread where I can issue a challenge..?

If not, I think we talked about having a game a couple of weeks ago. If you're still interested please drop by www.tartan-terror.co.uk and say hello!

6 vs 6 is 12 player! Do we have many hosts that can manage 12 player..? I have Telewest 10Mb with over 300kbps upstream and I can only manage 8 comfortably, 10 often works but I have experienced occasional drop outs, never with 8.

KevinPedrick said:
Does the AVForums GRAW clan have a thread where I can issue a challenge..?

If not, I think we talked about having a game a couple of weeks ago. If you're still interested please drop by www.tartan-terror.co.uk and say hello!

6 vs 6 is 12 player! Do we have many hosts that can manage 12 player..? I have Telewest 10Mb with over 300kbps upstream and I can only manage 8 comfortably, 10 often works but I have experienced occasional drop outs, never with 8.

Here is the clans thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372296

Biccy said:
Hiya mate. I've already sent you a message to your 360 earlier in the week about this before I started this thread, but I guessed you may not have got it so Matt was gunna give you a buzz to let you know soon.

Cheers fella - I was going to drop Matt a text actually as BT didn't turn up on Monday to install the new line and I'm having to wait to next week :mad:

Has Ben been on yet?

Anotherlimey said:
I have the content and was serious, I lost interest when i was told i was in the clan was listed on this forum as being so only to find myself removed from the clan 30 mins later.

It was stated that the list of four mentioned was CONFIRMED.
Now i think i've played one game with you so far.Not sure we have even spoke.
Not mine or teams fault that you haven't been confirmed , you can always join the clan , unfortunately that means playing games with us , and having a mic so we know your not in for just a laugh , ie running off doing your own thing.
Would you like to be put back up on avf clan on GB?

Biccy said:
I apologise now if i've misinterpreted what you're saying....it's not to try & set up an AVF GRAW clan, but to try & get some teams of AVF members playing against each other (i'm 1 of 6 from here that play together so we've got a team).

If you're able to top-up your's with 2 other AVF players then that's 2 teams to enter. If you're struggling to get players cos of the problem of people without the new download content not being able to join your games then there is a fix.....the host of your team save your gamer profile to a memory card, & unplug your hard-drive, then people without the new content can join your game.

cheers:thumbsup:
If we get the 6 , i'll let you know

hottstuff said:
cheers:thumbsup:
If we get the 6 , i'll let you know

No problem.

Even if we just get 4 teams of 6 players we could do a mini league just for a bit of competitive fun.

rio1981 said:
Cheers fella - I was going to drop Matt a text actually as BT didn't turn up on Monday to install the new line and I'm having to wait to next week :mad:

Has Ben been on yet?

Matt said he spoke to him (yesterday I think), & he's meant to be back on tomorrow.

Bit of a pain about your broadband connection eh.

hottstuff said:
It was stated that the list of four mentioned was CONFIRMED.
Now i think i've played one game with you so far.Not sure we have even spoke.
Not mine or teams fault that you haven't been confirmed , you can always join the clan , unfortunately that means playing games with us , and having a mic so we know your not in for just a laugh , ie running off doing your own thing.
Would you like to be put back up on avf clan on GB?

Im sorry Avid but thats a little bit far from the truth, I played with the clan on 3 occations, Twice with you the other Tin hosted, I spoke alot in every game tactics and general banter, You confimed eight people as being in the clan in the GRAW thread you made then removed four of us leaving the four you have now, Henke7 will confirm this as he too asked in the thread why he was removed from the clan, Hell i was even listed on Gamerankings as being in the clan and was removed from that too. :(

I even have a PM that you sent me comfirming my place in the clan, Your making out i didnt bother playing and when i did didnt speak and just ****** around, Im sure even C225 here can confirm i was using a mic and speaking alot, Im really disapointed its turned out like this, Im just hacked off that you stated in this thread that only 4 people were serious to attend, Thats not true mate and i think you know it.

Out of the 4 times i played with the clan Anotherlimey was there from what i can remember 3 times and he used his mic on all occasions execpt 1 where it did not work for some of the games.

Also i thought i was on the reserves but on the other thread you have listed "reserves still empty"

Look sorry lads i've so many people on my friends list , and most of the time when we are playing i send invites and get nothing back from most of them ,and others send invites too , so it's hard to keep track of those coming and going.
The clan list thing all boils down to one thing , knowing who wants a clan game or who wants to just play now and again and i apologise for removing those that were indeed serious about it.
Limey you have the content and obviously wanted to be part of the clan , will i put you down ?

C225 without the content you cannot be a serious contender to step in when someone drops out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom