AVF FIFA09 BAP Team - AVF Blu Rays: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah well, its ****ed. nevermind. ill try fix it tomorrow, give sony a call:thumbsdow

Last edited by a moderator:
I selected rematch after game and there were a few there but then people started dropping out. I thought I'd then go and try and find lobby again but you'd all started second game before I joined. Oh well.

Some people just still won't pass the ****ing ball. I've said before that you can tell the people who try to pass and the ones who don't. I'm not interested in watching individuals ball hogging. It's a TEAM game.

It's either MAJOR lag or they are just greedy *******s. Nobody is perfect in the game but come on guys, there are certain people who just won't even attempt a simple pass that is on. Very frustrating and not enjoyable for the rest at all.

I really haven't enjoyed the last few BAP games. We all go on about passing but it just isn't happening (in the games I've been involved in anyway). Maybe you all played better second game??

Rant over, but I had to say it as I was getting well ****** off. I know I'm not perfect but at least I try to pass the bloody ball.

I blame myself for the 5-1 loss.

Omg....

SJP is right, you need to keep passing the ball. LEARN FROM OTHER TEAMS!

We need to sort this serious matter out guys, or we are going to end up in division 100..

Sorry i didn't play tonight, I was busy.

Must say fellas Mondays are very rarely a good night for me.

colspark, was thinking just then, you any idea how many players you need for an NHL09 club game?

We'll have to sort something out when we both get it at xmas.

good call fella, we'll have to look into it... :smashin:

re passing, that's where the club stats are handy imho, gives you an average of passes attempted / completed per game for everyone...

Of course though, bearing in mind the positions, for example someone who plays up front most of the time is bound to have less passing to do than people in midfield or defence... But it's a good guide in general if you bear those sorts of thing in mind... :)

Last edited:
I selected rematch after game and there were a few there but then people started dropping out. I thought I'd then go and try and find lobby again but you'd all started second game before I joined. Oh well.

Some people just still won't pass the ****ing ball. I've said before that you can tell the people who try to pass and the ones who don't. I'm not interested in watching individuals ball hogging. It's a TEAM game.

It's either MAJOR lag or they are just greedy *******s. Nobody is perfect in the game but come on guys, there are certain people who just won't even attempt a simple pass that is on. Very frustrating and not enjoyable for the rest at all.

I really haven't enjoyed the last few BAP games. We all go on about passing but it just isn't happening (in the games I've been involved in anyway). Maybe you all played better second game??

Rant over, but I had to say it as I was getting well ****** off. I know I'm not perfect but at least I try to pass the bloody ball.

Funny thing is we played better with Northampton in the second game but still no where near good enough.

In regards to the shambles which were tonight's, I'm speechless. I'll sleep on it and post some feedback tomorrow.

Feels like I'm doing a crap job in jonneys absence though, sorry if I'm letting you guys down.

Totally agree with you on this. I've been saying this for ages now. I think it's a problem on two fronts. We need short/sharp passes - lag or not, one touch football is feasible. Also, as a large team of 8/10 playing, we CANNOT win games without passing. We cannot influence the game in the same way as we can on our own. BAP is about PASSING and TEAMWORK.

I was supposed to be LS tonight but someone nicked my spot so I was on the right. Probably had about 3 passes made to me all night. As a striker I expect to at least have passing attempts made to me up front. Not only that but we completely lost our shape up front. At the back we were OK, Ty_84 was very good at the back alongside dj.

It's great playing AVF Real and all, at least we have someone to play against regularly, but it's a little unfair don't you think? They normally only have 4-5 players at a time whereas we have 8-10 consistently. We're at a disadvantage straight away. Trying to coordinate 8+ players to pass and move/get in position is a little difficult. They can brag all they like, if we took 5 of our best and played 5 of theirs I'm sure we'd do a lot better.

easy easy easy
the key is remembering your position and passing the ball. i played up front as robinho and the space was tremendous as CB,RB etc all went walkabout.
the second game was 4 v 4 and we destroyed you again.
thanks for the games chaps!

easy easy easy
the key is remembering your position and passing the ball. i played up front as robinho and the space was tremendous as CB,RB etc all went walkabout.
the second game was 4 v 4 and we destroyed you again.
thanks for the games chaps!

Thanks for the games Goo man, you guys completely outplayed us again. It's a shame that we had to and on such a poor showing from us guys. But it has been enjoyable over the past few months, gonna miss the banter:thumbsup::hiya:.

Do you want to join the Blu Rays........lol

3-0 and 5-1, thanks for the games blu-rays and good for Real AVF to go out on a high....especially with 5 goals from Wizzinhio :D

I agree with Steve, the amount of space that we had in the middle and in your defence was unbelievable.

Poor old Marv :rotfl:

Sorry for my poor play last night people.

I imagine that there are times when playing in CM/DM that a ball over the top or into space could be played but the radar doesn't help at all. I find it difficult attempting to play the ball upfield because I can't see where I'm sending it to if you get what I mean.

The Broadcast camera helps you see more of the pitch but it also takes away the far side of the pitch at the same time, anyone know how to recreate the Wide camera from PES, is it doable with the custom camera?

sounds like we had a nightmare last nt :thumbsdow
sorry i couldnt play, could not connect to the psn for more than a minute :confused:

:lesson:
i know people seem to think swapping around possitions is ok, but i really think its doing more damage than good. as we are playin more games, i have noticed that people are starting to pick positions they kno they are good at..some weeks the CF positions get filled after the CB ones. this shows that wer not all glory hunters after a goal tally, people actually want to play at the back and do a good job rather than up top missing sitters! if we want to play, and win, to a high level (which i know we can do!!!) we should all sort our possitions to what we are comfertable and good at. even if it means we have to create another team or start to pick players to start...in fairness im hearing alot of time and day clashes so maybe its time we re-grouped our selfs and run a few teams on the nights we can play (all still blu-rays, as we can have loads in out team, jst group us up into smaller squads). i do feel that we will bump up the rankings if we do this!!!

and on the subject of player improvement, heres a bit of advice that i have found helped me loads :lesson: ...i only play BAP off-line (of course u dont have to only play bap :rotfl:), so im slowly getting better, iv done a few seasons on the wing and have that nailed. if you a struggling to play in a certain possition, play a BAP season in that role on a decent difficult level, the cpu doses make good job of simulating people!

im going to up it a level tonight and start again, really wanna get to the standered where im man of the match each time we play, not just a few ;)

anyways, let me know what you all think.... :smashin:

In regards to the shambles which were tonight's, I'm speechless. I'll sleep on it and post some feedback tomorrow.

Feels like I'm doing a crap job in jonneys absence though, sorry if I'm letting you guys down.

don't be too hard on yourself mate, we've been on a bit of poor form recently... I didn't play last night but i've also noticed recently that we've been playing badly, bap has become more frustrating than fun. Defending and passing seem to be the issues..

Was anyone getting overenthusiastic with the circle button again? That kills our defence, pulls them out of position and we get carved up. The last few times i've played i noticed it happening a lot.

Totally agree re passing, i'm not advocating a witch hunt, but the club stats should help people look at their own contribution and see where they need to improve.

I don't know if it's ball hogging, selfishness, glory hunting, or just people not used to bap - there's less time on the ball, you get closed down quicker etc.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's ball hogging, selfishness, glory hunting, or just people not used to bap - there's less time on the ball, you get closed down quicker etc.

I see what you are saying but on numerous occasions last night certain individuals had time on the ball, there were easy passes available and they would just turn, ball hog and just **** people off basically. Let the bloody ball do the work. I haven't come to watch individuals ****ing about. The more we pass the more enjoyable it is for everybody.

In all honesty, I don't need stats to tell me who the greedy *******s are. I can see for myself. The stats don't see what is actually happening on the pitch and doesn't take the situation into account.
I'll say it again, you can tell who tries to pass and who doesn't. There were plenty of times last night that I was just thinking roll the ball to x as it is the simplest pass on but no, y would just try and do the difficult thing. If you want to play by yourself, go and play single player.

I find it quite amusing when some people tell others to pass and they just don't themselves. I'm by no means that great at the game but you will just have to believe me when I say I will always try and move the ball (I'm the same IRL).
Everybody makes mistakes, gets caught on the ball, gives passes away and that is acceptable but that's not the issue. There are some greedy *******s full stop. I've been noticing it for weeks and it is taking the enjoyment out of the game all together.

I'm not going to name anybody on here but *** guys, it's not all about the individual and what tricks you can do. I personally am not interested in showboating. The game is simple. Just the same IRL. Pass, pass and pass some more. If you can't, at least bloody try. I know lag can sometimes be an issue but the people who are annoying the hell out of me either have permanent bad connection issues or are just plain selfish.

Another rant over. Sorry about this but there isn't any point carrying on the way it's going as it is basically crap and no enjoyment whatsoever.

We had these issues with Real AVF but some practice and honest discussion seemed to solve them. We do have a decent team spirit and players that play against and with each other all the time.

If Real AVF does fold, will you be looking for new players in the January window?

What does IRL mean? :confused:

I agree, some honest discussion is needed, if people aren't enjoying playing at the moment then we have problems.

I think with the club stats it's actual evidence, naming someone can just be your word / memory against theirs, but if someone has an average of 1 pass per game they're either not seeing the ball much or not passing enough.

IRL - in real life :thumbsup:

Seems like the lack of passing has cropped up again with people being in the wrong positions, We need to sort it out, anychance we can move from mondays lads or maybe move the game too a earlier time?

I think with the club stats it's actual evidence, naming someone can just be your word / memory against theirs, but if someone has an average of 1 pass per game they're either not seeing the ball much or not passing enough.

I'm not going to name anyone but I'm not blind. I've made a point of watching some people who have annoyed me and every time last night they didn't disappoint. They get the ball and I just think here we go... and they **** about or won't give it simple and lose the ball every bloody time. They just can't or will not make the easy pass.
Pisses me off.

I just want to play more as a team. If I'm not going about it the right way then sorry but being nicey nicey about it in earlier posts hasn't got us anywhere. We are just getting worse.
It doesn't matter what position you play, just pass the bloody ball.

Abbey - From my point of view you are a great player and you are more than welcome if Real fold. Jonney will have to sort it out when he's back from hols (or maybe Ty can in his absence?).

I'm not sure i buy into the whole people in their positions thing... If someone doesn't like playing defence, but that's the only place left for them, fair enough they may not be great at defending, but they still should be able to pass the ball...

I agree that everyone should get a go in their favourite position, but sometimes that just isn't possible- we have more people who prefer midfield and up front than people who prefer defence!

Just my humble opinion... :)

And also just because somebody prefers an actual position doesn't necessarily mean they are that good there and deserve to always play there.

Last night I was supposed to be LW but we didn't even play the formation that was listed. I ended up as CAM. Didn't want to play there at all. Played there a few times and have hardly touched the ball so wanted to try something new. As long as you have a football brain you should be able to play most positions. Defence is the hardest in my opinion though. You can get away with making mistakes more in other positions. In defence you get punished.

Someone else also mentioned they had their position "nicked" on the night.
I found that quite selfish and whoever did it should make the effort to come on here and see what position they are supposed to be. If they weren't in original squad and were a late comer, then wait until everybody had picked their position first.

Think about everybody else guys. Not just in picking positions but the way we play.

I can't be the only one who feels there are greedy / selfish people about?
I'm just venting my annoyances as I want to carry on playing but not going to if I can't enjoy it anymore.

Gunny is our manager and he tends to pick the team .... he knows us and our best positions and that seems to work well enough.

I agree with most of what you're saying SJP, i'm just not as vociferous about it, or perhaps too "nicey nicey"! :D

But as you say, if some people aren't playing as part of a team, or being selfish / greedy / ball hogging etc, it needs to be sorted or it just spoils it for everyone else.

I just prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt, and it *might* be lag / inexperience of bap (it's totally different to 1 v 1, less time on ball, got to play as part of a team and not an individual, etc) / or they might just not be very good!
(not that i'm making myself out to be brilliant, my 1 v 1 record is awful, 20 wins and about 50 losses :eek: )

But in general mate i agree with what you're saying. :smashin:

Last edited:
I do accept your comments Col and about benefit of the doubt. The thing is, I have been giving benefit of the doubt for a while now though. I've been pretty quiet until recently. I was just getting annoyed so I'm not usually vociferous.

Last night just broke the camels back. I'm not moaning at everyone. There was just one or two that really got on my tits last night.
People can complain about me if they want as I make plenty of mistakes but don't tell me I don't pass the ball cos I just wouldn't accept that.

If somebody else had written what I had and I read the comments, it would make me think more about everybody else. Hopefully others will think like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom