Ranked or Unranked Server?

• Ranked

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Unranked

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth stating what our intended use of this poll is for, so passers by dont throw in a random vote?

I've voted ranked solely because i think the maps are small and 24 could be too much! Plus we'd never fill it anyway so would be too many randoms.

If we go for a ranked server do those of us who have payed get preference over public or is it just first come, first serve?

Id say paid a priority shouldn't be a problem we havent got 18 names on the list so any randoms could just be booted.

Ranked for me then.

I'm easy whatever we choose as long as i get some good decent games with you guys.

I voted for unranked and the option to boot extras. 32 players is the max I believe according to the server browser in unranked.

I voted for ranked also. I believe that when there are some of us playing it will greatly help it get populated by random public players. Also if we maintain a well adminned server we may get some regulars, which is always good :D

Yeah ranked will be fun, Oh no Server will be about clashing with GT5 release. If it is released. :laugh:
Cant wait, CoD nice break inbetween. :)

18 player ranked with 20 slot team speak 3 is £63.40 for 6 months or £119.76 for 12 months.

24 player unranked with 25 slot team speak 3 is £96.05 for 6 months or £181.42 for 12 months.

It's £32.65 cheaper for ranked over 6 months and £61.66 cheaper over 12 months so thats something to consider too plus we rank up and not drift further apart from the randoms and looking at the list of donators we wont hit 18 that often nevermind 24.

But like i said earlier im easy whatever we choose to be honest as long as we can enjoy some good games together.

On the server list we have 14 members who will donate, over 6 months for ranked thats about £4.50 each it's not even a couple of beers or a pack of fags for those who smoke.

It's also only £8.50 for the year.

If we decide unranked it's still only £6.80 each for 6 months and £12.90 for a year.

Yeah Ranked 18 seems fine to me, Better to just sort something out and ask for cash. :)
Question is how was the BC2 server? that wasnt locked how was that for noobs/ randoms etc there?

Yeah Ranked 18 seems fine to me, Better to just sort something out and ask for cash. :)
Question is how was the BC2 server? that wasnt locked how was that for noobs/ randoms etc there?

have to say I have no idea as I did not follow that game this year.

Guys think of it like this...

we take a Ranked server for 6 months.

have some good fun with eachother on there and Randoms can join in.

everyone will be leveling up and unlocking the new perks etc.

then 6 months down the line we can vote again, if we all really want to be able to customise it and have unranked games and there is a lot more interest then we can switch.

I think for now we should go Ranked, earn some points and move up in the MP world and then 6 months down the line we can have a think.

I think that is a very logical plan of action. I am happy to do that.

I vote ranked

Btw is the server up and running yet? would love to join you guys.

Get your money out first ;) :laugh:

Plan sounds good deadringers, up for that.

How is payment for this going to work, are we going to pay to some one's Paypal (obviously the person sending the money will pick up the extra charges incurred) or Bank Transfer? Who is the person we will be sending the money to? I know it appears to be Deadringers, but that doesnt neccesarily mean he is prepared to deal with this aspect of the purchase.

P.S. This is not me volunteering to do the finances, I do not want to deal with the money side of things. I just want to send my money to someone and for it to turn into a server.

well two ways to do the money...

I am prepared for you guys to send it over to me...

or

I believe the game server company can create a link which everyone can visit and "donate / give" their share to.

Personally I would prefer to receive the cash via Bank Transfer and then pay in one go.

But it is up to you guys.

I think if sending the money directly to the server provider is viable, to do it that way. streamlines the process somewhat. Also, you could just post the link up on the thread, where as i dont think you would want to pump your sort code and acc number onto a message board :D

I dont mind i can send via paypal to whoever and pay the extra charge incurred which on £6 will be next to nothing anyway.

I think if sending the money directly to the server provider is viable, to do it that way. streamlines the process somewhat. Also, you could just post the link up on the thread, where as i dont think you would want to pump your sort code and acc number onto a message board :D

If we do deadringers can we have your address and passport number too :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom