AVF BF4 Server

Great thanks will have a look tonight :)

It might be running TDM and not CQ, it's normally left on TDM as an official server so that the "quick match" option will list it.
If there are enough of us AVF'ers on then will switch it to CQ large and hope that most of the TDM players stay for a few rounds.

I know quite a few of the regulars are AWOL at the moment with other games.

Got this with EA access and having played the sp, I had a go on MP yesterday and it seemed ok. Ranked to level 4 I think and will jump on now and again.

Will look up the server to join some of you lot.

Got this with EA access and having played the sp, I had a go on MP yesterday and it seemed ok. Ranked to level 4 I think and will jump on now and again.

Will look up the server to join some of you lot.
Add us all to your friends list and join us when you see us on. Don't wait for an invite to the party, if you see we're in one and there's space then just jump in, we're always happy for people to join :thumbsup:

EDIT: You're already on my friends list, but it's well worth adding the other regular posters here as well.

Add us all to your friends list and join us when you see us on. Don't wait for an invite to the party, if you see we're in one and there's space then just jump in, we're always happy for people to join :thumbsup:

EDIT: You're already on my friends list, but it's well worth adding the other regular posters here as well.

Hi mate, cheers. Yeah, I'll look through the BF4 tag list and add some. Are there a selection more active than others that would be best to add for now?

Also ref party chat, do you have the adapter and old headphones, or do you use kinect for chat? Or do you have newer cans for XB1?

I use my TB X41's but haven't got the adapter for XB1 chat..... Not sure if kinect would come through clear enough, so expect I'll get the adaptor at some point, but would be good to hear what people think who have it....?

Hi mate, cheers. Yeah, I'll look through the BF4 tag list and add some. Are there a selection more active than others that would be best to add for now?

Also ref party chat, do you have the adapter and old headphones, or do you use kinect for chat? Or do you have newer cans for XB1?

I use my TB X41's but haven't got the adapter for XB1 chat..... Not sure if kinect would come through clear enough, so expect I'll get the adaptor at some point, but would be good to hear what people think who have it....?
Don't know there exact XBox GTs but you should be able to find them in the GT exchange thread, but the really active lot are (in no particular order and I apologise if I've left anyone out):

Stellamandude (if you like a bit of TDM :D)
Kravenius and his brother Shannara
Rush
Kalgar
Tourettes
ImBurkalicious
Froggystomper
Sparkie1984 (has started playing a bit more now)
briggsyrfc
bawsy
Slack Squadron

As to the headset issue, I'm still using my Sennheiser PC360 headset that I used with my 360. I used to plug it into the astro mixamp on the 360 but now just plug it into the official headset adaptor and it all works a treat. I'm not totally sure whether we're getting simulated surround sound through the controller like the dolby headphones we used to get with the mixamp. All I know is that I don't have any problems telling where the directional sounds are coming from in game using the adaptor and I recommend it :thumbsup: (obviously do some reading around your particular headset with it as that I don't know, but in general I love it. Much better only being tethered to the controller and not to the controller and a mixamp)

A lot of us are currently MIA playing Destiny, but as soon as the CTE patch lands in a few days I think we'll be back.

Cheers. Will send out some FR's. I've got Destiny too, but barely played as find it boring when playing SP. I know its aimed at coop so may give that a go before deciding to trade.

My X41's are wireless so the base unit connects to th XB with optical and assume any cable to the adaptor is just for the chat

That's about right but if use adapter use the small cable that comes with it as well as talkback cable or can use kinnect for voice

What's the name of the server again? It's gone since the last update and searching for "UK only" doesn't bring any matches

Can't even remember mate, I never play on it as it's always empty. :( Tourettes has a server up which is a little busier although again, I can't remember the name. :-/

Can't even remember mate, I never play on it as it's always empty. :( Tourettes has a server up which is a little busier although again, I can't remember the name. :-/
@mklion123's server was the UK Only one. We dropped the AVF server and started funding that server instead as it was getting more traffic.

Guys been on your server and by naming it "uk only" its like a magnet to all non uk players, was just on and there was a canadians and americans on it taking advantage of the lag comp. Is there no way to put a ping limit on like they can with the pc servers to keep the high latency players out?

Guys been on your server and by naming it "uk only" its like a magnet to all non uk players, was just on and there was a canadians and americans on it taking advantage of the lag comp. Is there no way to put a ping limit on like they can with the pc servers to keep the high latency players out?

Nope !!
People have been asking for region lock, ping limit on the console since BF3.
DICE ain't interested despite numerous threads over on the battlelog forums, included a 100+ page thread.
Yanks are notorious for playing out of region, but don't like it up em when the table is turned...........they have to be able to "brag" about how "god dam cool" they are at a video game :rolleyes:

9pm onwards and forget about playing in Euro servers, jump on the US servers, gotta a better chance of playing with Europeans :rotfl:

Hi all,

Not an AVF server related question as such, but servers in general. I've been jumping on for the odd game with randoms, but is there not a filter for server player numbers???? I'm guessing im not missing anything and it actually isnt an option, which is ridiculous imo. I can see it lets you filter by servers with x amount of free slots, but not select 24 / 32 / 48 / 64 players...... Wanted to jump in some 48 player matches.

Also, is there not a way from the menu screen to go to your soldier and make changes to the loadout? I would've thought possible in Battlelog but cant see it.... The only place ive seen possible is on the spawn screen when you can customise, but i dont want to mess about then when the game is already playing.

All these things are possible on PC, but cant see them on XB.

Hi all,

Not an AVF server related question as such, but servers in general. I've been jumping on for the odd game with randoms, but is there not a filter for server player numbers???? I'm guessing im not missing anything and it actually isnt an option, which is ridiculous imo. I can see it lets you filter by servers with x amount of free slots, but not select 24 / 32 / 48 / 64 players...... Wanted to jump in some 48 player matches.

Also, is there not a way from the menu screen to go to your soldier and make changes to the loadout? I would've thought possible in Battlelog but cant see it.... The only place ive seen possible is on the spawn screen when you can customise, but i dont want to mess about then when the game is already playing.

All these things are possible on PC, but cant see them on XB.

Conquest small is 44 player iirc, that's about all the option you have for selecting smaller player counts, aside from Rush (32 player normally) Dom and TDM.

Can't change load out until the game has begun, which is pants :thumbsdow

Lots of great features on the PC but nout on the XB1 unfortunately, we've only recently had the option to adjust ADS sensitivity :facepalm:

Conquest small is 44 player iirc, that's about all the option you have for selecting smaller player counts, aside from Rush (32 player normally) Dom and TDM.

Can't change load out until the game has begun, which is pants :thumbsdow

Lots of great features on the PC but nout on the XB1 unfortunately, we've only recently had the option to adjust ADS sensitivity :facepalm:

Cheers. Typically half arsed by EA then....

Tye ADS options completely transformed the game for me. I still die a lot but I also kill a lot more than I did previously.

Tye ADS options completely transformed the game for me. I still die a lot but I also kill a lot more than I did previously.

I was unaware you could adjust ADS sensitivity.....

Makes a huge difference. You can now have turn speed at a very high level fir normal movement and slow it down to normal human reaction speed for ADS. Give it a try.

Makes a huge difference. You can now have turn speed at a very high level fir normal movement and slow it down to normal human reaction speed for ADS. Give it a try.

I'll have a look. cheers. Clearly that's why i've been pants up to now... if only i knew. :D

Do you lot change FOV also (assuming you can on console), if so what's the preference? That's another thing i hadn't realised you could change until someone in the PC forum mentioned it some months back. I hadn't looked in the options too much beyond graphics settings and key bindings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom