AVF Band of Brothers (BoBs): PART V

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Cha1ky, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ads03

Ads03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Right BoBA we have a friendly match against Hybrids @ 22:30, can you get on for 22:00 I will send out the invites! Jon20D will join us after his FFA which might be played tonight @ 22:00(Good luck BTW :thumbsup:)

Ads3
    Jon20D
    RockSteadyEddie
    ohh_danielson
    austinqpr
    spacedeck

subs:
    chalkywhyte
    wbabbington

2. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Tell me about it - i know that it would be the same for A2A team players as well but it was always sneak up on someone & shoot someone in the back with Famas & Stopping power (normally 1 burst kill) with 2 or 3 burst just for them to turn around and drop you - i wouldn't mind so much but not once did someone shoot me from behind and i turned around and killed them :mad:

And well the few times i managed to recover Ridges Shotty's off the floor was a waste of time - might as well of been water pistols for all the good they done me :rotfl: - both barrels direct hits and they remain upright and breathing :facepalm:

I think a laggy game effect run and gun player more than the slowly slowly players - must try to remain calm and not get too excited. :rolleyes:

Still was an intense match - the 20 minutes flew by.

Good luck to BoBA for tomorrow night :thumbsup:

3. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Was a good match against A2A last night, bloody close at times too! :eek: :rotfl: I remember looking at the score 2/3rds of the way through and there was 1 kill between us!

Had a little play around with component & hdmi setting on the ps3 last night in preparation for the HD pvr, came across a small snag :thumbsdow

I can't output audio over hdmi and video over component, as the hdmi audio signal is actually an audio and video signal combined and can't be seperated, even if video out is going by component. my amp prioritises video signals hdmi over component, and as it's recognising a hdmi video signal, it tries to display this rather than the component signal, however the signal is just a black screen as it isn't really there :(

However, I can still get it all working over optical to the amp and component video to the HD pvr and onto the amp, which will then upconvert to hdmi :clap:

4. austinqpr

austinqpr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +378
    Morning all :hiya:

Barry complaining about lag again for the second morning in a row :eek: They all using lag switches too mate? :smashin:

Well done to all you BoBb fellas last night. Got a tough second round I see though.

5. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    You switched the option on in the settings menu for dual output???

Suppose it makes sense in a way your more likely to have a amp/hi-fi etc with out hdmi rather than a tv - still you managed to sort it and thats the main thing - looking forward to the Sharpy Blue's Montage :thumbsup:

:rotfl: No mate just Ads connection couldn't take the strain

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  6. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    funny you should say that, in one of the games with randoms some of us had later, there was a guy who was either lag switching, or downloading "stuff" at the same time as playing :thumbsdow

he was constantly jumping 10 foot rather than moving smoothly, it was the same throughout the 2 matches we were in.

7. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    yeah I did, audio wasn't the issue though, there was in effect 2 video signals coming out, and the way the yammy amp deals with them caused the problem. Just need to nip over to tesco tonight and get an optical cable :thumbsup:

Think i could have enough footage in a couple of hours with sharpy's normal rants :rotfl:

8. wbabbington

wbabbington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Well done lads. Good result. :thumbsup:

I think he was definitly lag switching. He only seemed to be doing it when he was either behing shot at or defusing a bomb. He will be reported.

Im just glad though that ive finished the FMJ challenge and can finally go back to the silencer. It seems to take the recoil out of the weapon and make it much more accurate and easier to kill with. :devil:

9. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,289
    Morning troops.

Did you guys not do a connection test last night to see for problems?

Sorry if I'm being dumb here TP. But the playstation doesn't send multiple video does it??? It's only sound that can be multiple out.

Does the PVR not act as a pass through device?

10. COOPERMAN

COOPERMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Yes, lag test was ok. We done a 2 min test.

During game it got really bad, then cleared up and then slowed down again :mad:

11. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Morning All :hiya:

Had a nightmare journey in to work this morning. For a journey that should only take 50 mins took me 3 hours :mad:

Anyway well done to team BoBB last night, great win :thumbsup:

looking forward to the friendly match tonight with Team BoBA :smashin:

12. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,289
    Nothing you can do then I suppose.

Ads normally has a strong connection. So must be interweb playing up.

Also on a side not is anyone haveing probs posting and looking on the forums on the iPhone?

I have a long ladder of options then the forum pages. Like the top options are all spread out above the forum itself. And I can't click on any smileys when posting.

13. Ads03

Ads03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    They were actually in front by about 5 kills for awhile too! Bit annoying trying to spectate as no-one stayed alive long enough ;)

14. wbabbington

wbabbington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Just come onto my iPhone to check it for, am posting this from the phone and no issues for me.

15. ohh_danielson

ohh_danielson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,036
    +1
    works fine for me.

Only bad thing is the slowwww internet speed. Even though I'm in the town centre I only have the blue dot connection :rolleyes:
    don't know if that's something to do with fact mines jailbroken, sure I read few people say there connection dropped after jail brake.

Oh and morning all :)

16. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Either that or he was still downloading some :devil:

17. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah thats right, ps3 only does single video out. However...

After scratching my head for ages when I could get audio over hdmi but no video thru component, and video over component but no audio.... I discovered that if you send just audio by hdmi, the video signal is sent as well as it can't be seperated, but it's just blank (but it is there). My amp prioritises the video input, so if it see's a hdmi signal, it'll display that rather than a component signal, even if there's nothing actually on the hdmi video signal :thumbsdow

It's an issue with my amp really, it won't let me say "Oi! I don't want to see the hdmi video, use the bloody component video!" :rotfl: Just the way the amp deals with it really :rolleyes:

And yeah the PVR just passes through the component video and 2 channel audio, so it's put inline on the component outout. :smashin:

I (should) end up with: PS3 > component out video & audio > HD PVR > amp component in video > upconverted to HDMI > TV

and PS3 > optical out > amp for the main sound that'll go to my speakers (i.e. 5.1), there's no way i'm playing MW2 in stereo! :rotfl:

Stereo is fine for youtube, so the HD PVR will capture 1080i/720p video and 2 channel PCM audio (lots of lovely swearing by Sharpy, if I choose to output the mic over the speakers :D) :smashin:

18. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    ADS: "Hmm, what to do for the next 20 minutes... :rolleyes::D"

:rotfl:

19. DeanE

DeanE
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,689
    Firmware 3.15 live

Sony just released the latest system firmware for the PS3. This isn’t a mandatory upgrade, so it’s completely optional and you’ll need to select the ‘System Update’ tab in order to receive this new firmware. A couple new additions are now available, mainly the ability to play the PSP Mini titles on your PS3 and to perform Data Transfer.

As Sony detailed earlier this week:

Lan Data Transfer Utility

1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV. Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.
    2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
    3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
    4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB
    5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.

Other changes
    • Bluetooth sync issues fixed
    • Trophy syncing issue resolved
    • PSP Minis now playable on the PS3 (starting December 17th all PSP minis will be playable on the PS3, for now you must go to your download list and re-download any previously purchased PSP minis for them to function on the PS3)
    • XBM Icon Added – Minis Save Data Icon

The biggest addition to the Data transfer will be the ability to transfer all your save data over to another machine. Copy-protected saves will also make the jump to the new system. So, if you have a new PS3 and want to bring everything over, you can do that without worry.

20. steviegall

steviegall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +352
    yeah, at one point i thought i was going up the ladder outside the promised land and i was actually at the bottom of the stairs inside when the bout of lag stopped

but as you said everyone experienced it so no-one was at a particular advantage

21. steviegall

steviegall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +352
    yeah as said fro about 2-3 minutes

i have an idea about that though if you want to bring it to the tdm/tourny forum,

while in the lag test let one guy from each team get a harrier and a chopper gunner/ac130, that way each team will have a harrier and either a chopper gunner and ac130(one team gets chopper gunner and the other ac130 obviously) in the air at the same time without being shot down, then while they are in the air the others can fight it out for that period of time

that should provide a sufficient test for the host.

22. DeanE

DeanE
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,689
    Final Fantasy XIII: Trophy Support Information & Battle Restart

Final Fantasy XIII is due for release in one week in Japan and it scored a stunning 39/40 in Famitsu magazine. There are some interesting features concerning the trophy support too.

All bronze trophies can be unlocked by playing through the story as normal whereas others have more specific requirements, however unlocking a specific trophy in the game not only shows on your trophy info, but it unlocks a theme that you can use on your XMB. The themes vary from character themes to beautiful backgrounds of the game.

Another feature Final Fantasy XIII offers is the ability to restart the battle whenever you wish. If you think you encountered a very difficult boss, you are able to do Battle Restart and go to the part before you encounter the boss. Pretty handy if you are stuck in a boss fight.

23. phairplay

phairplay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    Afternoon Fellas :hiya:

TP my head hurts after reading your post :suicide: :D Looks like you have it all figured out :thumbsup:

24. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    :rotfl: basically it means I'll be able to play in HD listening to surround sound (like now) while recording in HD and stereo sound :thumbsup:

25. phairplay

phairplay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    Why didn't you just say that before.:rotfl:

It does make sense. It's not straight forward but it'll work.

26. austinqpr

austinqpr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +378
    Quiet in here today :rolleyes:

27. phairplay

phairplay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    I think that job thing is getting in the way

28. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,289
    :hiya:

Ok lads. The military band i'm attached to atm has recorded a single to be released into the charts.

It is a charity single called "Loves Farewell" Its a song off "Sharpe" (show was based on my regiment)

100% of all monies are going to Help For Heroes.

We have been doing the press stuff this afternoon with BBC coming tomorrow and CNN Monday. I think there is more media involved but not too sure.

I would appreciate anyone who has the spare dosh over this this festive period to splash out on this CD. :smashin:

"Loves Farewell" for xmas number lads. And for a great charity which helps so many.

I'll put more info up as i get it. I think the single is out Monday not too sure tho.

Thank you all. :thumbsup:

29. austinqpr

austinqpr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +378
    I'll buy a copy :smashin:

30. Ads03

Ads03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: