Quantcast

AVF Amazon UK Prime Instant recommended

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Just noticed Midsommer is on Prime now, will be watching that soon.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
For some reason prime doesn't appear to the a UHD/4k section any more ?

Is it just me ?

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member

Is it just me ?
It seems to have disappeared on every device. Perhaps it’s their way of obeying the EUs bandwidth saving nonsense.
Just create your own in app by searching for UHD.

JSWolf

Is it just me ?
Amazon has remove the UHD section. But the UHD content is still there. You just have to search for rhe program/movie and choose the UHD version if there is one.

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Amazon has remove the UHD section. But the UHD content is still there. You just have to search for rhe program/movie and choose the UHD version if there is one.
Great move from them, because finding UHD content was always so easy!

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
Did Amazon ever have a 4K/UHD section? I always found it a complete PITA to find UHD content there.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
They have also removed the extremely useful other ways to watch link on Firesticks which highlighted a UHD version. :(
UHD versions are streaming normally it seems. Not a clue if the bitrate has dropped though.
I’m disconnecting my Firestick as a result. It literally has no advantages over other devices now they’ve done this. I might as well help the planet by saving the tiny amount of power it uses.

JSWolf

Did Amazon ever have a 4K/UHD section? I always found it a complete PITA to find UHD content there.
Yes, there was a UHD section. But now it's gone and amazon are not showing UHD versions. You have to do a search to find the UHD version.

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Yes, there was a UHD section. But now it's gone and amazon are not showing UHD versions. You have to do a search to find the UHD version.
They also have a useless search function

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
I try to avoid amazon at all costs, I don’t know why they don’t at least make an effort and sort the layout out, it’s shockingly bad.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Looking for the best way round this mess, I did a search for a few titles. Each one successfully returned the HD and UHD version in the results.
It does mean searching every single new thing you want to watch just in case there is a UHD version, which is real pita, but I suppose it’s better than nothing.

JSWolf

I try to avoid amazon at all costs, I don’t know why they don’t at least make an effort and sort the layout out, it’s shockingly bad.
What I don't like with Amazon is that that they two listings (HD and UHD) instead of one listing like everyone else.

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Searching with Amazon Prime works no problem. I bet the problem is user error. :rolleyes:

I can search and find the UHD version if there is one.
:laugh:

no user error here. It always comes up with a load of unrelated junk alongside what you searched for. I also never trust it to show the UHD version also. I guess it’s a lack of trust:)

JSWolf

Looking for the best way round this mess, I did a search for a few titles. Each one successfully returned the HD and UHD version in the results.
It does mean searching every single new thing you want to watch just in case there is a UHD version, which is real pita, but I suppose it’s better than nothing.
At least Amazon is not pulling an Apple and doing away with the UHD versions. Amazon is just making it more difficult to find the UHD versions.

JSWolf

:laugh:

no user error here. It always comes up with a load of unrelated junk alongside what you searched for. I also never trust it to show the UHD version also. I guess it’s a lack of trust:)
I've tested the search on programs I know are UHD and I've found the UHD in every search. If you do a full title search, that comes up first.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Glad i’m not the only one. Only recently started using it and there was a UHD section last week as i often saw it when i was blitzing through The Man in the High Castle/Jack Ryan.

Seems to have disappeared a few days ago though.

The whole menu/search is rubbish. Just like their website (which is truly woeful). I think it’s deliberately bad just to get you to search and maybe pick up other things along the way (website).

If i had to pay for it (Prime), well, i wouldn't. Since it’s free (shared from a friend), i’ll live with it.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Noticed on an article I saw earlier that loads of (maybe all?) James Bond movies are coming to Prime from 1st of April.

May interest some of you.

Trending threads

Latest News

MQA expands global partnerships for high end experience
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung 2020 TV app lineup upgraded
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Film festivals move online: We Are One starts 29th May
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published