Quantcast

AVF Amazon UK Prime Instant recommended

digitalsafari

This thread is just for recommendations included with Amazon UK's Prime Instant, not discs by post or Instant rentals.

So here's some TV.
Oz (The prison drama) - 6 Seasons
Deadwood - 3 Seasons
Blue Bloods - 3 Seasons
Black Sails (Pirates) 1 Season
Vikings - 2 Seasons
Boss (Kelsey Grammer) - Only 1st season included on Prime

smackos

For anyone interested season 1 of both "Revolution" and "Arrow" have been added to Prime.

Last edited:

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Not quite as much on this service as the other one but please make some recommendations. A few I've enjoyed.

Sleepy Hollow - first series on prime. Humorous horror with British rebel time traveller transported from the American Revolution to present day. Based on the legend of Sleepy Hollow by Irvine Washington. That's the one with headless horseman. Great interplay between the two leads and watchable. Season 2 just started on UK TV.

Hatufim (prisoners of War) - Israeli precursor to Homeland. Powerful sub titled drama about coping with loss, imprisonment and terror. Better than homeland.

Grimm - lightweight but immensely likeable fantasy horror. Cop with secret powers fights the monsters living amongst us that others can't see.

Crossing Lines - Intelligent euro cop drama set across borders. Donald Sutherland and William Fichtner in it. Series two available.

Alpha House - riotously funny comedy about 4 republican congressman sharing a house. John Goodman at his best. Some truth in it about modern day america.

Vikings - compelling drama. Obvious what it's about. A third series next year.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Beware The Batman - great take on the Dark Knight legacy and Alfred is a real Badass!

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Behind The candleabra is also on Amazon and not on N&*^%/x as well by the way...

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Hostages is quite good if you like political conspiracy. Good cast. Pity they only made one series.

Alpha House series 2 is now on there now too. It's funny.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
The new Constantine show has been put on prime with very little fanfare, it just premiered in the states on Friday, I've been waiting for a UK broadcaster to announce it but looks like AMAZON beat them to the punch

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Amazon sent me a letter about Prime yesterday, presumably it was triggered as I hadn't watched anything for weeks. It's a problem when you already have Netflix, the Prime service just isn't as good.

I started watching Castle, 7 seasons were available but that has now been removed from Prime. :(

I also don't like the layout. They should group seasons of the same TV show together, not have them all over the place when you search for something to watch.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I also don't like the layout. They should group seasons of the same TV show together, not have them all over the place when you search for something to watch.
Yes the layout isn't great but the seasons are together when in a show. You just scroll up to the seasons tab and hit enter. Volia it shows all the seasons of that show. Haven't really seen how they are listed when you search. Not been an issue.

Sure there isn't as much as netflix but I view the service as essentially free. I would have paid much more than 70 quid to Amazon for deliveries each year so getting the video as well is a bonus. I'm actually watching more prime than netflix at the moment, after two months.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
A new "pilots season" started a few days ago and includes the rather brilliant The Man In The High Castle - if this doesn't get a full season I'll enter Britains got talent next year and sing God Save The Queen in German!

mtenga

Distinguished Member
A new "pilots season" started a few days ago and includes the rather brilliant The Man In The High Castle - if this doesn't get a full season I'll enter Britains got talent next year and sing God Save The Queen in German!
But even if chosen when will the Season turn up? Still no sign of last years turning up and probably will be the end of the year earliest for them I read. So that's disappointing.

On a separate note I've just finished Crossing Lines Season 2, the Eurocop drama. Nobody knows if there will be a third season but it deserves it. Not exaggerating to say it's fairly unique as a show.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
On a separate note I've just finished Crossing Lines Season 2, the Eurocop drama. Nobody knows if there will be a third season but it deserves it. Not exaggerating to say it's fairly unique as a show.
Yes, I enjoyed those. They are also available on one of the Netflix regions.

mtenga

Distinguished Member

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
It's a pirate adventure set in the west indies - it's not bad and had got pretty high production values - the first episode in s1 has a brilliant opening scene iirc

Buckster

can add to the recommendations of Vikings - fantastic and it had me gripped as much - if not more than Game of Thrones

warning though - similar to Game of Thrones - it's very "adult"

mtenga

Distinguished Member
The Border is well worth a watch. Serious but likeable drama about Canadian customs. Office based not smuggling across the border type of thing. Set in the real world drama with political overtones.

Trending threads

Latest News

Samsung Onyx cinema LED screen opens in Australia
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Quantum Dot development could mean cheaper displays
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix launches daily top ten rankings