Avermedia Dark Crystal C874 - Remote Learning

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Findlithui, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Findlithui

Findlithui
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Admin - please move this post as needed to whatever forum you feel is most appropriate - I guessed at this one.

KEYWORDS: Avermedia C874 DCX3200 Blaster

RE: Avermedia Dark Crystal C874 in relation to it's IR Blaster, and remote learning.... following info has been delivered to Avermedia...

In trying to get this unit to "learn" IR remote codes from the control provided with my CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS Motorola DCX3220E STB - for about two years, repeated tries with two separate CHARTER provided remotes... all I ever got were "keys do not match" errors.

SOLUTION:

First, this is an issue with a REMOTE CONTOL BRAND, NOT the Arris or Motorola DCX3200, as used by Charter Communications in North America.

The Avermedia C874 will NOT acquire codes from remotes manufactured by Universal Electronics (photo of unit enclosed). The c874 will simply throw “keys do not match” error codes regardless of distance from the sensor unit. Error replicated with TWO SEPARATE Universal Electronics remote controls, both tested and functional, on two separate STB units.

In order to operate an Arris or Motorola DCX3220E via the C874 IR Blaster, another brand of remote control must first be set up to operate a DCX3220E with remote code 01982. In my case, a Sanyo GXDB was used successfully.

I have no idea why two different brands of "universal remote" units, programmed with the same remote code, produce different results with the Avermedia C874 - and identical results with the DCX3220E.

Attached Files:

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    You're much more likely to get answers in a forum that's not, like this one, specifically for the UK.