1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avermedia apture device/Ulead DVD Moviefactory2 SE

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Epaminondas, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Epaminondas

Epaminondas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having reported (on the "vcr-pc" thread) a freeze of the software that is bundled with the Avermedia DVD EZmaker USB2 device I feel I should report that I have now succesfully captured and burned to DVD the full 40 mins of an analogue VHS-C cassette. I don't know why the software froze on the first attempt, but I tried again, this time disabling NAV, exiting ZAPro and suspending CyberSitter. Setting up was pretty straightforward, and once I hit the burn button there was no more to do until the tray slid out with a perfectly playable DVD sound synchronised well. A breeze.
    Can't report on the editing features, and the ability to record multiple cassettes onto 1 DVD because, as a novice, I haven't investigated these features yet.
    Epaminondas

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    With a little look around this forum you will see that I regularly recommend that all background programs and screen/power save options are disabled during video capture etc. These programs are a major cause of freezing programs and more often dropped frames as even on a fairly modern PC this takes up a large portion of the available resources.

If you do search around you will also see that I always recommend getting hold of a free downloadable program to stop all the background programs (power save and screen savers still need to be disabled manually though) called 'EndItAll2' that 'does exactly what it says on the tin' :D . it is geting to be a bit old and therefore more difficault to find, so if you do have trouble PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward a copy on to you.

Mark.

3. Epaminondas

Epaminondas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark. I use Mike Lin's StartUp Control. I have EnditAll2 downloaded already, although I haven't installed it yet. I noticed it is for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 only. Does it work OK under XP SP2?
    Ep

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well it works for me :thumbsup: and I have XP SP2.

As I said above, it is now getting a little long in the tooth and therefore would have been written before the release of XP, so I wouldn't worry about useing it with XP as it has never given me any problems.

Mark.

5. Epaminondas

Epaminondas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark