1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aventos vs. Aconda Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cidre, Sep 8, 2003.

1. cidre

cidre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've waded through tons of discussions on this and other forums, and I'm just about convinced to get a Loewe TV. I'd like just one clarification, though, as these things seem to be hard to spot in a showroom, unless you spend a whole day there.

Is there any noticeable difference in picture quality between the 32'' Aventos (Q2500M) and the Aconda (Q2500H) apart from the missing DMM Plus, which most people don't seem to use anyway?

I just find it hard to justify spending 1000 euros (£ 700) more on a TV if it only has a bit nicer casing... Also, features like better sound or larger teletext memory are unimportant to me, as I'm looking for the optimal picture for the money.

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Picture wise they are identical if you exclude the DMM and DMI+ that the Aconda has. IMO DMM is awful just like Philips DNM. Makes everything look like it has been shot on video. I like DMI alot but don't know what DMI+ offers as extra.

3. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Loewe website spec sheets the Aventos does have DMI+ but the Mimo and Vitros dont. Maybe this is why they refer to the chassis as "MediaPlus Medium" insted of "MediaPlus (Q 2500 M)" but then this is probably a mistake on the site.

4. cidre

cidre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I think Loewe should put some more effort on their website... According to the brochures the Aventos and Vitros both have DMI, not DMI+. I have no idea what the difference is between DMI and DMI+, though.

And one more question: does the Aventos have a Philips tube, or can it be Toshiba as in the Aconda 9281?

5. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i remember someone saying the Aventos had the same tube as one of the philips models. Might have been one of the pixel plus ones.