1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aventos pic. question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Runerg, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Runerg

Runerg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.
    I have bought myself an Loewe aventos. I am very pleased with the picture on it. But, when I switch off the DMI, some pics will start to shake! When I use the EPG on my sat tuner, the text and textboxes start to shake alot. Have anyone tried this, if not, please do. Maybe its something wrong with my set.
    Rune

2. Oxfordman

Oxfordman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also noticed some "flickering" on my Aconda 9381ZW (chassis Q2500/H) when DMI/DMM is off. The flickering is very similar to that I get on my old 50Hz Sony TV when I compare the two side by side. I have DMI on as this results in a solid-rock picture. Groundy, who knows a lot about Loewe TVs, prefers DMI/DMM off on his Aconda but his TV has the old chassis (Q2400). So it might have something to do with way the digital processing is implemented on the more recent models.

I hope this is of some help, Runerg

Incidentally, what I think might be very useful is if all Loewe TV aficionados of this forum exchanged notes on their preferred "picture settings". I know this sometimes comes down to personal preferences but are wild differences in settings e.g. contrast (30-50), colour (26-32) Brightness (21-28) etc due to this or is there something more to this? However this is not the subject of this thread!

3. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have the Aconda 9281ZW with the latest chassis. I too prefer the DMI to be off. The added motion compensation is unnatural with most films. I do use DMI with animation (think Akira) though as it does help a bit.
    The picture seems to be slighty better anti-aliased with DMI on though. Probably just a side effect of the processing. The flicker you can see is just a result of the TV's sharpness and the quality of the source.
    Try turning the sharpness down to 1 or 2.