1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aventos connections

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bulldog, Jul 2, 2003.

1. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Could someone explain what connections the Loewe Aventos has on the back. Or even better a diagram of them.
    I`ve looked on a few websites but they dont give much away.

thanks

Paul

2. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +604
    3 Scarts; Number 1 is CVBS - Y/C. 2 is CVBS - Y/C - RGB. 3 is CVBS - Y/C - RGB or YUV.
    Audio out - L/R - 2 Phono's - Level Adjustable/Fixed
    Audio in - 3.5 mm Jack
    Antenna socket
    Mini Din - Service socket/Certos
    9 Pole Cube Socket - Subwoofer/Concertos

Plus some blanking plates where upgrades such as the VGA module/Dolby Digital etc... would fit.

mij

3. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget 2nd tuner (PIP) with odd jack looking thing looping from the 1st antenna socket to the PIP one.

Question for you mij - or anyone else for that matter - have you been able to set the audio out via the 2 (L/R) phonos to be fixed? I've only managed it to be variable and controlled from the remote. :confused:

Cheers,

100mph

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Correct on all accounts but just one thing - the 28" version lacks that 3rd Scart and YUV input ability ;).

The Loewe Audio Outputs work in mysterious ways. I find the volume rediculously low unless I set my Amp to 0db (ref level). What I just do now is leave the set's Sound option configured to TV (not HI-Fi) but just mute the TV sound when listening through the Amp. This gives a nice fixed level output but offcourse you need to use your Amp remote for adjusting the volume.

5. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help.

I currently have only a s-video connector into the back of my current tv from my AV receiver. Is there a scart connecter that I could plug this s-video into which then plugs into the Loewe. Its a 50quid QED cable and I dont want to make it redundant if possible.

thanks

Paul

6. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Try http://www.ardelectronics.com/

They do a scart <-> s-video + 3x RCA adaptor with ip/op swich, part no 110-00909 which sounds like what you are after.

I’ve got a nice gold plated, OFC s-video + 2x RCA to scart lead for less than 7 quid from them which I use for my 2nd S-VHS video to the Aventos. Try part no 110-01386

Hope this is what you are after. If not they do stock loads of other variants.

Best of luck,

100mph :smashin:

7. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks 100mph for all the info,

I`m a little confused now though, as I`ve read on here that someone connects their s-vhs into a side socket on the aventos.
    Is this true that it does have this connector?

Paul

8. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

From memory the Aventos has the following on the side (AVS):
    1x S-video
    2x RCA (L/R audio)
    1x RCA component(?)

I guess AVS on the side is meant for the casual connection of say a camcorder. Do you really want to connect your permanent kit to this? I'd say not. :eek:

100mph :rolleyes:

9. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Yes, like the bottom one. I don't have one myself however, I've got the catalogue, so I do know what it looks like.

It is an oversized 21-pin scart plug. On the back of the plug it has 1 4pin s-video and 3 RCA sockets. On the side it has an input/output switch.

Gold plated contacts.

Looks a bit like 110-00908 on ARD but has the s-video socket too.

11. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's also manufacturered by Profigold. :smashin:

100mph

12. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont suppose someone with an aventos could just measure the width of it with a tape measure. The specs say 80.8cm. If its 80.1cm I can fit it into my cabinet hehe

14. 100mph

100mph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Sadly for you :mad: I measured it at the widest point and the spec is indeed correct. 808mm.

Let us know what you think of the Aventos when you get it.

Did you get the S-video <-> scart converter??

15. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks 100mph. I was hoping it was like my last tv when it was about a cm narrow that the specs. Germans aye, so precise.

Anyway, I got the s-video convertor thanks. I tested it with my current tv, couldnt see any difference between the direct s-video and through the scart convertor. so thats good.

Still waiting for the Aventos. I ordered one from tvandvideodirect.
    It was supposed to be delivered today, but they phoned up yesterday to tell me that its not in stock. so it`ll probably be next week now :-((

16. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my aventos. I`m over the moon with it. I knew the picture was great quality when I saw it in the showroom, but sitting at home in front of it , looks even better.
    I tried lord of the rings dvd quickly using the s-video > scart connector. The picture looks perfect. The front menu on the dvd looks like you could pick up the book and read it , its so clean looking.
    I like the onscreen menus and help and the resizing of the screen and closedown are a nice touch.

I`ll probably sort out some better scart cables when I feel the need, but at the moment the bog standard scart cables do the job fine.

Paul