AVENTOS 3981 or PHILIPS 9528. PLEASE!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by danderez, May 5, 2004.

1. danderez

danderez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I need a recommendation. I'm going to buy a TV and I'm not sure what model is better:
    Philips 9528 or
    Loewe Aventos 3981 ZW.

I prefer the p9528 but several friends of mine said the Aventos is better.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks.

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi danderez and welcome to the forum.

What a good question for a first post. Did you know that there is a new Philips P+2 out? It's called the 32PW9509. Anyway, Having owned a 32PW9528 and the new 32PW9509 and a Aventos I'm trying to get my head around which one is best, or which one I liked most. I originally thought the 9528 was a great set but I sent it back in anticipation of the new 9509. Now that I have the new set I'm not sure it's a improvement over the old one. If you read my thread on the new Philips you will see my first impression were good but the more material I see on it the more I think the older model is better. Now, in general the picture on the Philips sets can look a little over processed and a bit artificial looking. Having said that, some films on SKY and DVD look absolutely stunning, on the 32PW9528 that is, but then some terrestrial programmes look terrible. The extra processing involved on the P+ sets can make the picture look really good or really bad. There is also some other side effects on the P+ such as a "Hallo" effect on moving objects.
    Now the Loewe has a more natural looking picture and can look very detailed as well but to a lesser extent than the Philips. This is where my dilemma also comes in as well. Do I stick with a Philips or go back to a Loewe. Ideally you want both sets side by side so that you can make a decision but its not always possible so you have to rely on memory but that's not easy either. At the end of the day it has to be a personal thing and what you can live with. Some people will say the, and some the Philips. The fact that I'm thinking of going back to a Loewe must say I think they both have something going for them. Try and find a shop that has both sets in but I think you'll most probably find that difficult. On the other hand, purchase the set from "Comet on line" this way you'll have a seven day no question asked returns policy.
    What ever decision you make I hope you enjoy your new TV. Believe me it can be a real headache trying to get it right.

Bazza

3. treefrog

treefrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi

I have a 9528 and can't understand anybody reccomending it.
    Looks great when its in the shop but its a different story when you get it home. I agree that the picture is great when watching DVD's but personally I think its too good, to the point that its unnatural. Its a bit too clever for its own good. its hard to explain but I feel that the problem is that the digital processing appears to try and make everything clear, even objects in the background that are supposed to be out of focus are put in focus creating a very 2 dimensional affect and a feeling that everything is shot in a studio.
    Now that I've turned all of the digital processing off (basically reverting it into a £700 100hz TV) my problem is that the pixels are clearly visible on either side of the screen(something that I have not seen on any other make besides Philips pixel Plus sets in 100hz mode).
    My next TV will be a bog standard one with no gimmicks at all.
    This is my personal opinion and I'm sure that people will disagree however I would reccomend that unlike me you purchase it from a company which will allow you to return it if you are not entirely happy.

Mark

4. danderez

danderez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your opinions.

I think Aventos is posible that will be a better choice.

Do you have knowledge of any problems of this model?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Dani.

5. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. danderez

danderez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I think the nemos is a bit more expensive than aventos.

I'm going to see them.

Thanks.