1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aventos 32" vs Tosh 32ZD26P

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Gandalv, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Gandalv

Gandalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm planning to buy a new tv in the near future, and I have managed to narrow my list down to two sets:

Loewe Aventos 32"
    Tosh 32ZD26P

But now I can't decide which one. The Aventos is a complete new tv from Loewe and I don't know anything about it yet. The Tosh on the other hand is surely a great tv (prog scan), but after reading a lot of threads in this forum about the Tosh, I've not so sure about it. A lot of customers have returned their Tosh due to problems with the tv.

If anyone can help me, pls do :)

2. Gray

Gray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I bought a Tosh 32ZD26 for £850 just before Christmas and it is excellent. I have got none of the problems mentioned in previous posts (and I've looked for them, let me tell you).

The onlything I've had to do to it is to change the settings for contrast and brightness as it is a little too dark when playing my PS2 on through the scart lead, but I expected to change these settings from reading posts about it.

All Ican say is that I am very happy with the TV. Hopefully the problems have been ironed out now.

Hope you get a good one, whatever TV you go for.:)

3. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ditto

It seems that Toshiba are getting this right, as are John Lewis.

Ditton

4. Gandalv

Gandalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for helping me out Gray... That push Tosh to top of my list.

I couldn't help to notice the price difference. I live in Norway and here the Toshiba 32ZD26P costs about £1350 (15.000NOK) :(

Anyone heard anything about Loewes new Aventos???

5. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Gandalv

I live in cyprus and the toshiba goes for 1100 pounds cyprus or about the same in english pounds. But is too much for 1350 in Norway seems like your getting ripped off!! Also wait a while after new year as prices will go down for sure. YOu will have it for years why not wait another month or so?

I have seen this model and it is quite good with dvd playback, good picture and okay with analogue signal. the sound is good too quite clear sound.

Im going for the 32pw9617 soon from philips how much is that in Norway? as it is 200 pounds more than the toshiba here but has the dolby digital and souround speakers with it.

6. Gandalv

Gandalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    evans

The phillips 32PW9617 goes for £1700 (18.995NOK). Seems like everything in Norway is a rip off.

Anyway I think I take your advice and wait a couple of month before buying anything. Maybe our insane prices will come down to a reasonable level.

Btw I found the Loewe Vitros at "christmas sale" today. It goes for excact same price as the phillips 32PW9617... Hmm, maybe I should consider buying it... (at least it is on sale :) )

7. avbloke

avbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Gray . £850 for Tosh 32ZD26 is this including VAT ? :eek: if yes where please !

8. Gray

Gray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi AVBloke, I searched this forum and found that Robinsons in Scotland were doing the 32ZD26 for £850 including VAT AND delivery, and rang Sound & Vision in Bolton to see if they could beat the price. Tel. 01204 861861.

They said that they could not beat it, but they were willing to match it. I had heared they were a reliable company and ordered it from them.

They delivered in 4 working days, and had two men that carried the TV where I wanted it, and they even unpacked it so I could check it before I signed.

The TV is great, and I have had none of the problems I have heared of in previous posts. Top TV.

Hope this helps you.

Graham :)

9. Tetsuo

Tetsuo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm debuting on this forum now. And as a fellow norwegian I felt compelled to answer :p

You can find some of the specs on the Aventos here:
    Hi-Fi klubben (Norwegian)

I am also looking for a new telly. I will probably buy mine around the 8th of January. I will use it with my Pioneer DVD dv-350, analog TV signals and my xbox. So far I have had 3 contenders.

1. JVC hv-32d25 (specs look amazing. with 1250 scan lines! :) £1500 (NOK 16.900)

2. Loewe Aconda (All other Loewe TVs have had great picture. And this model is brand new) £1300 (NOK 14.500)

3. Philips 32pw9617 (PixelPlus technology looks nice) £1650 (NOK 18.000)

As you can se, I havent even considered the Toshiba. So now I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with.

1. Is progressive picture more important/better than higher resoultion?

2. Does the Loewe have any form of linedoubler/"pixel adder" feature?

3. Since the JVC DIST system runs at 75 Hz, will you see flicker? I can't even look at a 50Hz set without getting sore/tired eyes from the flicker.

Hope some ofe you can help me. Since all this tech specs are driving me nuts :eek:

And I don't live near any shops that stocks all these items. So I am going to have to buy the sets (more or less) on tech specs alone.

Please repond to my desperate call for help ;)

And in advance, thank you.

Fredrik