Avengement (Scott Adkins, Craig Fairbrass, Germany August 2021)

IGC

Avengement.jpg

Now, I've never seen a Scott Adkins film but I have seen a few of his martial artist (mostly pinched from Tae Kwon Do) videos on YouTube and he's definitely got talent in that area. He looks a bit like the little brother of Jason's Anthem.

Only seen one Craig Fairbrass film Gerard Johnson's very good Muscle which most of his fans didn't like. He was damn good in that but I've never been tempted by all those Poundland titles.

This film seems to have 5 or 6 different releases in Germany.

Amazon product

UK Blu-ray:
D-n-7lQXUAAyXu6.jpg

IGC

Had a look at it today -it's technically poorly made, the story is badly done and the direction was awful. The music score sounded like it was on the wrong film.

Adkins does have some screen presence so I'll try and watch something else he's done.

Lots of story inaccuracies e.g. it would be prison guards who would take him to hospital and who he'd be shackled to albeit the police could provide backup. The police can't handcuff a serving prisoner either (that would be unlawful custody etc) unless he's newly under arrest obviously.

Cheap as chips filmmaking. Maybe it translates better in Germany.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom