Aven Colony (PS4)

Reaction score
Not seen a thread for one of this weeks releases.

I picked up the disc version in case I wanna chuck it in at any time, but for only £24 new was worth a punt.

For anyone who hasnt heard of it, its kind of ... Sim City in space! Yea, its a city builder where you are building up your little Colony on a new planet and then ensuring it runs economically with enough food, water, air, defenses, jobs etc.

So far, so tutorially. There are a number of 'missions' to guide you through the game mechanics before unleashing you on a true sandbox.

I generally like Team17 stuff, so that was a bit of a draw - that, the price point and the fact I like city builders - a nice triumvirate! Something about it does feel a bit 'low budgety' - though the graphics and sound are nice enough and it looks to have a fairly deep building and stats system. Perhaps its the lack of 'flash'? Theres no cut scenes/cinematics for example.

But if this sort of game is your bag, then for £24 you cant really go too far wrong.

Any more impressions? I see it's down to around £18 on DWG on Xbox this week and there doesn't appear to be an Xbox thread for it.

I have watched a few gameplay videos and they all seem to be happy with the game. I am considering buying it myself.

It was cheap anyway, but to drop in price so soon after release, did make me wonder if it was a dog :)

Yeah I know what you mean, but I think most people have overlooked this. I mean even bad games get more Thread activity than this game has. Most people into these kind of games have probably bought the recently released Cities: Skylines.

Base.com have this on PS4 for £18.84 so tempted to try it out.

Just bought this as it's on sale on the UK PSN Store for £9.99. After playing and really enjoying Surviving Mars I am looking forward to playing this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom