AVCHD to HD-DVD on standard DVD

Nick_H

Hi all. I have a Sony HD Camcorder which creates AVCHD natively. I would like to create HD-DVD’s on standard 4.7gb and 8.5db DVD’s to play on my 360’s HD-DVD drive.

Has anyone done this and if so could you point me in the direction of the software you have used.

I currently own Nero 8 but it looks like they are not selling their HD-DVD plugin anymore :-( which is a bit cheeky really …..

alpine101

Hi all. I have a Sony HD Camcorder which creates AVCHD natively. I would like to create HD-DVD's on standard 4.7gb and 8.5db DVD's to play on my 360's HD-DVD drive.

Has anyone done this and if so could you point me in the direction of the software you have used.

I currently own Nero 8 but it looks like they are not selling their HD-DVD plugin anymore :-( which is a bit cheeky really …..

Ulead/Corel VS11.5+ has the HDDVD output option. Not sure if they have removed it in the new X2 version though. You can find VS11 for sale cheaply at Amazon suppliers and once registered, the patch to take it to 11.5 is free. I still haven't got around to trying DL disks tho'

senu

Distinguished Member
Ulead movie Factory 5 and 6 + seem to be able too

bison8

Sorry to jump in on this thread but I was wondering the same thing myself.

Would this only apply to a HD DVD writer or can you burn the HD footage onto a standard 4.7gb disc and play back as HiDef on the HD-DVD player?

Thanks

senu

Distinguished Member
You can certainly make " miniHD-DVD" discs from 4.7Gb DVD media in the same way as AVCHD disc for BD playback

HD-DVD did not support 50i footage though. This was a problem from making HD-DVD discs ( mini or full) from PAL HDV footage

alpine101

Sorry to jump in on this thread but I was wondering the same thing myself.

Would this only apply to a HD DVD writer or can you burn the HD footage onto a standard 4.7gb disc and play back as HiDef on the HD-DVD player?

Thanks

I hate to contradict Senu, but I have made HDDVD 4.7GB disks from 50i Panny SD1 AVCHD footage using VS which play with no probs on my Tosh EP30. You use a standard DVD burner. I do however have no experience with old style ex tape HDV!!

Last edited:

senu

Distinguished Member
I hate to contradict Senu, but I have made HDDVD 4.7GB disks from 50i Panny SD1 AVCHD footage using VS which play with no probs on my Tosh EP30. You use a standard DVD burner. I do however have no experience with old style ex tape HDV!!
No problem
It isnt not at all improbable that firmwire updates or latter models " fixed" this as th HD DVD standard seemed to favour NTSC HDV camcorders in the past but it was very definitely a problem before
However you make the point that AVCHD files can be used to create HD DVD disc and "mini" discs

Old style eh..?:rolleyes: Ill have you know HDV camcorders are still being made!:devil:!!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom