Avchd to DVD

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I want to burn a avchd DVD with no loss of quality that will play on a blu ray player or ps3. I have Nero will I need any other programs? Thanks

I want to burn a avchd DVD with no loss of quality that will play on a blu ray player or ps3. I have Nero will I need any other programs? Thanks

Well i take it you want burn a HD AVCHD disc useing standard recordable DVD discs,this should be no problem PINNACLE 12 upwards can edit render and burn AVCHD disc up to 35min long,most software should have similar capabilities.

Well i take it you want burn a HD AVCHD disc useing standard recordable DVD discs,this should be no problem PINNACLE 12 upwards can edit render and burn AVCHD disc up to 35min long,most software should have similar capabilities.
Most Recent software but beware " lite " versions always seem to need a plug in which needs buying

What are you starting with. A complete .mts/m2ts file or lots of seperate clips from a camcorder ?

I'm using Nero 11 to burn DVDs for storage of my videos shot on my journey. As far as I know, Nero cannot recognize avchd format, so I always convert my mts files to avi and then write them to DVDs. As for the converter, I recommend brorsoft mts converter, which I'm using now. I'm greatly satisfied with the clear interface, easy performance and good quality of the converted files. You can try the demo verison of it ans see whether it can fulfill your needs.

I'm using Nero 11 to burn DVDs for storage of my videos shot on my journey. As far as I know, Nero cannot recognize avchd format, so I always convert my mts files to avi and then write them to DVDs. As for the converter, I recommend brorsoft mts converter, which I'm using now. I'm greatly satisfied with the clear interface, easy performance and good quality of the converted files. You can try the demo verison of it ans see whether it can fulfill your needs.

Nero Vision (part of the package) has AVCHD burning capability (since Version 9 if I remember correctly). You can get about 30 minutes of Full-HD 1080i (17mbps) on a DVD blank. You need a blu-ray player of course to play AVCHD on DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom