Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AVCA1SE (upgraded) video output help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by museumsteve, Jun 26, 2004.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,070
    After a long time of lovin my AVCA1SE I decided to look to use one of the monitor outputs to a 5" TFT screen on my little bar area in my movie room.
    I've sorted the screen and run 3 phonos to it (Video, L/R). If I plug it straight into a video source (DVD or sat box etc), it works fine, but I am really struggling to get anything from either the monitor outs (composite) or the multi-zone composite on the Denon.
    I've been through the manual a hundred times and cant work out why it isn't working. The screen needs to get a video signal to turn on but does work perfectly with other sources..

/..anyone use the feature without a problem?

I currently use the s-video on monitor 1 and component out of the amp. I have plugged in composite ins from sources to ensure a composite signal to be output (if you know what I mean)
    Thanks in advance :)

2. bigmacx

bigmacx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    IIRC there's a button on the front of the amp to enable/disable video. It's automatically disabled, if the 'Pure Direct' option is chosen.
    Try enabling the OSD (by selecting SETUP on the remote I think) and then toggling the switch, this will at least tell you if the monitor outs are working.

Mac.

3. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try unplugging the S-Video Monitor Output and using just the Composite Monitor Output (1). Doublecheck that the Video is switched ON (done from the front panel Video On/Off). Also make sure the Video is set to the correct SOURCE that you are inputting although this won't affect the OSD output.