AVCA1SE is it 4 audiophiles?

AV Geeza

Established Member
Reaction score
Im on the verge of buying an AV amp, and this seems to be the dogs wotsnots at the moment! I know its great with DVDs but how good is it with music? You know, CD's!
I currently use a Krell KAV 300i for music, but am selling it. I know the Dennon wont be as good, but can anyone tell me how good it is? Or even recommend something else?
My budget is £2500 or possibly £3000 at a push.
Cheers :D

AV Geeza,

Check out my previous postings on the subject (search under AVC A1SE). I researched this for nearly a year before settling for my Tag AV32R (and you'll probably be able to keep the beloved Krell as well

Also have a look for my postings on the Tag and audiophile issues concerning it

Good Luck :D :cool:

The AVC-A1SE is an excellent piece of hardware because it truly does everything. It may not be up to your Krell for 2 channel audio but it is about as good with 2 channel as AV amps are likely to go.

I have one and I love it – I think it sounds superb especially in multichannel. Mind you, I have also been tempted by TAG though – especially the AV192R.

One thing. The AVC-A1SE is about to be replaced with a unit with new features (possibly AVC-A1SR). If you do buy an A1SE now make sure it includes the impending upgrade when it occurs.
Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom