1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avc10se help??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by karkus30, Jun 16, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Struggling to set up this amp without an instruction manual. Can anyone give me the basics. Im running with one sub, 5 speakers, 1 DVD player. The DVD player sends its video signals direct to a PJ so no video switching is needed at the amp, its audio only. Wiring of the speakers was simple enough, but where in :censored: name do you plug the sub. The five speakers are playing OK so Im at least that far.

One fly in the ointment, if this is all via on screen menus, then I will send a signal to my TV for the time being, its a new Philips unit. Where and how do I connect it to the TV??

Anyone able to send me a scanned copy of the owners manual basic set up instructions??

2. angelislington

angelislington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I feel it is my responsibilty to step in here ;)

Please do not see any of this information as me being patronising....

The subwoofer output is a (black?) phono connector that simply says subwoofer output. Make sure that it is the output and not the subwoofer input for DVDA etc that you are connecting to. Depending on how your subwoofer is setup you may not get any sound from the OSD speaker balance for the subwoofer. So don't trust that, use your ears only. Or the force :)

As far as getting the OSD up and running, the simplest thing to do is to run a simple single phono cable from the yellow monitor out connector on the Denon to the AV input on the front of your TV. Most tv's have a composite video connector under a flap. Switch to that input on the tv, press the system setup button on the remote and voila! If you do not have an AV input on the front of your tv then you will need a phono to SCART cable. All of this paragraph stands true with S video as well, as the amp have S Video monitor out. Once you have the amp setup, simply remove the cable. As you are not using any video switching it is not needed.

Hope that helps. I will check back here later or you can PM me.

Richard