AVC-A1XVA and HDMI 1080P processing

mattmarsden

Will the deinterlacer in the AVC-A1XVA do proper 2:2 pulldown on 1080i film based sources like SKY HD movie channels?

Also can it just pass through transparently without any manipulation a 1080i HDMI input from a source like a HD-DVD player, ie with no on-screen display etc.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Should pass through a 1080i signal via HDMI without any problems.

The only thing that is a bit unclear is what the scaler will do with a 1080i signal via Component but I have a sneaky suspicion it can't/won't de-interlace it. It won't scale an HDMI source either.

Only appears to be able to scale an analog 480i/576i/480p/576p signal to either 720p, 1080i or 1080p. 1080p is only available via the HDMI outputs and not the Component outputs though. Annoyingly, the manual is devoid of exactly what signals it will scale to 1080p. :suicide:

mattmarsden

Jase, if that is the case then it makes the upgrade fairly pointless for me. Will the standard version definitely not do 1080P switching?

Jase

Distinguished Member
mattmarsden said:
Jase, if that is the case then it makes the upgrade fairly pointless for me. Will the standard version definitely not do 1080P switching?
It will switch 1080p Component as far as I'm aware but not 1080p HDMI. I'd test it out but my video processor's knackered.