1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVC-A1SR Surround Speaker settings.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bboy-mass, Jan 23, 2003.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hello again,

Heres a little drawing of my current speaker setup:

[L] [Centre] [R]

[Sub]

[LR] [RR]

OTT I know, but the A1SR expects me to have side rears, when I only have rear speakers. Will it hurt if i select Speakers A+B i.e will the AMP send signals to speakers that are not there, thus loosing surround information ????.

My friend says NO, but I think I will. If I say NO to Side dipols, theres NO option for rear corner speakers.

Do you understand what i mean ????

Hope so.

R.
    Mass

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The diagram has mucked up the spaces on my rears. They are spread apart, just in case you think Im a muppet for having my reas so close together.

R.
    Mass

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    If you only have one pair of speakers at the back, then you need to connect them to the "Surround" Left and Right (maybe marked SL and SR) not the (centre) back left and right - hope that makes sence. Once you've got them connected right, tell you amp that you have no centre back (or however it's labled) cos you don't.

You only use the centre back left and right speaker connections if you have 4 rear surround speakers.

Hope that makes sence to you.

Victoria

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Hi

Leave SL & SR set to Surround A. It doesn´t matter if they are placed to the side of you or in the rear corners.

If you must have it as the graphic shows then select them as Surround B instead with no Surround A. Then the speaker icons in the setup screen will appear in the corners. Just remember to connect the speakers to the Surround B terminals if you do.

Either way it achieves the same thing as you have to key in the speaker distances so the amp can calculate the delay times.

Surround A/B switching is handy if you want to have a set of dipoles and a set of direct radiators connected at the same time, means you can switch back and forth depending on the source (DVD Audio, Dolby etc).