avc a1se

patmyhead

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI just had a mail from denon reguarding the avc 1se
the upgrade is £600 from denon gold dealer
the avc 1se will not be sold with upgrade
also the avc a1sr will replace the avc 1se in june price to be confirmed
denen could not comment on any differences between UK & European models bearing in mind the price difference
pat

The Denon AVC-A1SR is said to cost EUR4700 in Germany. Quite a shocker, isn't it?

Originally posted by patmyhead

the avc 1se will not be sold with upgrade

What do you mean by this. I was planning to purchase from Mediacheckpoint.de in Germant. Does this mean that I must buy the unit and then return it all the way to Germany to be upgraded?

infomatique,
The AVC-A1SE will not be sold with the upgrade on board because it is being superseded by the AVC-A1SR. If you are in the market for the AVC-A1SE I would strongly suggest that you wait for the AVC-A1SR.

Does this mean that I must buy the unit and then return it all the way to Germany to be upgraded?

Not sure if that needs to be done in Germany then, but yes, you need to send it back to Denon and get it upgraded.
The price of AVC-A1SE + Upgrade is cheaper, much cheaper, than the new AVC-A1SR (in Germany it will sell for EUR4700), however there are some features that will not be part of the upgrade.
Some features might be usefull but IMHO it's not worth the huge price / price difference.

I see where you are coming from Reiner but it's possible (for whatever reason) that the AVC-A1SE will not be able to be upgraded. Weather this will be because of board shortages or the refusal of Hayden to upgrade non-official DENON UK sourced units.

Mark

Originally posted by Reiner
Does this mean that I must buy the unit and then return it all the way to Germany to be upgraded?

Not sure if that needs to be done in Germany then, but yes, you need to send it back to Denon and get it upgraded.
The price of AVC-A1SE + Upgrade is cheaper, much cheaper, than the new AVC-A1SR (in Germany it will sell for EUR4700), however there are some features that will not be part of the upgrade.
Some features might be usefull but IMHO it's not worth the huge price / price difference.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that as I live in Dublin and as the A1SE would cost me at least Euro 5000 locally (because they are distributed into Ireland via the UK) I purchase my hi-fi requirements in Germany where I can get the unit for about Euro 2800 including delivery (the upgrade would cost me about Euro 800 in Germany).

So if I went ahead and purchased it would be necessary for me to return the A1SE to Germany for upgrading. I am sure that there are many people outside the larger countries with the same problem.

At this stage I think that I might wait for the replacement or consider the Onkyo 989 as an alternative which has the one feature included in the Denon upgrade that I really need ... audio delay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom