1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVC-A1SE Delay ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MAFFEW, Jan 24, 2005.

1. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have lip synch problems between my sat boxes and the Panny plasma. It is new, I have them for a couple of years now and the sat companies, buggered around with something and it all went pear shaped. Before I import a "thingumy" to correct it, can I do it through my amp? I use MATRIX DSP simulation, as I understand I can change the lip synch, but am having difficulty identifying where and if it can be done from. The AMP has not had the mod to make it a K version.

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,567
    The standard Denon A1SE doesn't have Audio Delay for Lip Sync. It's one of the features that was added in the upgrade to KA1SE Specs.

3. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jase, I see yuo a lot in these forums. Do you think a syncblaster scart cable would help? I have both sat boxes linked through a Panasonic DMR E100 DVD/HDD recorder. Would a sync blaster from there to the plasma sort this out? I will buy a HD scan video scaler that is lip synch capable, and of course it'll improve the mediocre picture I get from the sat boxes. Mediocre in as much as what the plasma is capable of, especially when fed a prog scan picture from the DVD, at least. Would using the AMP as a video switch improve the picture at all?

4. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,567
    I've never used a Syncblaster cable but just had a look on Keene Electronics Site and I don't think it will do what you require. You need a device that has adjustable Audio Delay, ideally with a decent range of adjustment e.g 0-200ms. If you're planning on getting a Scaler with this feature then I'd go directly for that instead.

Feeding the video via the Amp won't increase picture quality. At best it will just pass the signal through untouched, at worst you may get some interference being introduced. Using the Amp is handy when you run out of inputs on your TV though. :)

A Scaler will also act as a Video Switcher as well as improving picture quality. I'd definitely be going in this direction if I were you.

5. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    K, 'swot I thought, but it is nice to hear it from somebody else. Thanks again.