1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVC-A1SE CO-axial - no sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MAFFEW, Jan 25, 2005.

1. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had to change all my coaxial to optical as one by one my coaxial inputs have just stopped. I have emailed Haydon - don't get me started on their service, but have had no reply. Anybody else had this problem? The sound would just cut out, and then it just got worse and worse. I reassigned them and then one by one they all don't work. I think if memory serves there are 3 on the AVC-A1SE. It is the un modded version. Optical are working fine at least for now. Yes, I have changed leads using both QED and Kimber, but it is not the cables. It was a straw I grasped as I cannot imagine what could go wrong with them, especially with good quality cables.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

Try a Processor Reset. Make sure the amp is off. Hold down the Stereo and Direct buttons on the front panel whilst turning the power on. Hold the buttons down and the display will start to flash and reset everything to the factory defaults. Just bear in mind you'll have to redo the speaker setup, delay times, digital in assignments etc, so write those down beforehand so you can just re-enter them back in again.

Hopefully this will cure the problem.

3. stumac2000

stumac2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hav ethe same problem now i have a cd player connected via phonos (i know a poor connection) but i get no sound on the osd it states that the sound is connected through coax1 how do i change this to phonos as i am pulling my hair out

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    If the Input Mode is set to AUTO it should automatically pick up the analog signal. Also try pressing the ANALOG button on the front panel. Best bet is to leave it in AUTO though.

5. stumac2000

stumac2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the setting is set to auto and we have changed this manually to analogue but still the same

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I assume you're selecting the correct Input e.g CD and that the phono cables are plugged into the correct analog inputs on the back of the Amp e.g CD??