1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVC-A1SE and AVR-5800 owners – are you going to upgrade?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarkB, Jan 19, 2002.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Not sure yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm just curious as to the amount of owners that are considering the upgrade. £600 is a lot of money but this upgrade truly would place the flagship back to the top.

I'll start the ball rolling by saying that I wasn't going to until I read the specifications of the upgrade. Now I'm 90% sure I will.

Mark

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,566
    Yes. Most definitely.

I think its a very comprehensive upgrade and well worth the money, as it will take our amps back up to the level of the new 5803/A1SR.

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    It would be nice if HCC could do a review of the upgraded machine compareing it to a non upgraded model.

Jeff

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,058
    wanted to when I first heard about it..
    definately want to now I've seen the spec..

5. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will definately upgrade but where did you get a price of £600 from ?

6. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    As my AVC-A1SE will possibly have to do me for a good few years, I will definitely have the upgrade done. I don't know what 70% of the things do, on my present machine, so what hope will I have with the upgraded one?:confused: Maybe the fact that I'll have the upgrade might persude some curious, fellow owner to come around and help me set it up?:p In fact I'd even be interested if some knowledgeable non-AVC-A1SE owner would pop round and help me set it up!! At present I have Minardi standard but I'm sure it's capable of Ferrari performance with proper tweaking.

Here's the price in the USA quoted directly from the official US Denon site. "Upgrade to be performed ONLY by DENON Electronics Service • Includes one-way return shipping with new box and packing • Service Part KAVR5803E3 • Available February '02 • SRP $800" According to my Currency Convertor $800 = £557 therefore all things considered £600 is the ball park figure. Let's hope it's a bit less, at least £100 less! There are various things still not officially settled or announced concerning a replacement front flap and the fact that the remote control's software will be upgraded at the same time. Denon UK should have their 'official' specs pn their site this coming week but post probably won't have pricing, logistics, exact shipping procedures regarding turnaround time and othere minor details just yet. Apart from anything the upgrade boards are still in Japan!

Regards

Jim :rolleyes:

7. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeh i will very very possable get it done :eek:

just hope the price a little less:rolleyes: just don't tell the misses how much she have a fit again