AVC A11SR Multi Zone Output

D

djc101

How can you assign unused surround speaker terminals to the multi zone output of the amp instead of using a seperate amplifier plugged into the multi zone output?

(Jasse, you have answered a similar question for me prevoiusly, but I can't find the menu items you refer to. Mine is a UK model Amp and there doesn't seem to be an option in the ststem setup menu under speaker configerations on multi zone volume leval).

Dan.

Reiner

IMHO that doesn't work. The AVC-10SE had a function were you can re-route the power amps, but multi-zone usually requires an external power amp which can be driven by a 2nd source.
Multi-room refers IMHO to using the internal amps to drive a 2nd pair of speakers (like e.g. front A and B).

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi Dan

Which surround speakers are you referring to?? Surround Back or Surround B?

Surround Backs amps can be assigned to drive a set of speakers in another room, its done from main setup menu, Power Amp Assignment, set to Multi. The speakers still remain connected to the Surround Back terminals.

Surround B can´t be reassigned, its a fixed output (actually use Surround A amps).

Cheers

D

djc101

Jase, There is no power amp assignment in my setting menu. Is it possible that your Amp is not a UK model and hence has some options that mine does not?

Dan

Jase

Distinguished Member
Dan

Looks like you didn´t get that option on the UK spec model:( . Just had a quick look, the american spec gets it.

To use multiroom you´ll have to connect up a second amplifier and use the multizone output.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom