AVC A11SR Multi Zone Output

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by djc101, Sep 29, 2002.

1. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can you assign unused surround speaker terminals to the multi zone output of the amp instead of using a seperate amplifier plugged into the multi zone output?

(Jasse, you have answered a similar question for me prevoiusly, but I can't find the menu items you refer to. Mine is a UK model Amp and there doesn't seem to be an option in the ststem setup menu under speaker configerations on multi zone volume leval).

Dan.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    IMHO that doesn't work. The AVC-10SE had a function were you can re-route the power amps, but multi-zone usually requires an external power amp which can be driven by a 2nd source.
    Multi-room refers IMHO to using the internal amps to drive a 2nd pair of speakers (like e.g. front A and B).

3. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Hi Dan

Which surround speakers are you referring to?? Surround Back or Surround B?

Surround Backs amps can be assigned to drive a set of speakers in another room, its done from main setup menu, Power Amp Assignment, set to Multi. The speakers still remain connected to the Surround Back terminals.

Surround B can´t be reassigned, its a fixed output (actually use Surround A amps).

Cheers

4. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jase, There is no power amp assignment in my setting menu. Is it possible that your Amp is not a UK model and hence has some options that mine does not?

Dan

5. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Dan

Looks like you didn´t get that option on the UK spec model:( . Just had a quick look, the american spec gets it.

To use multiroom you´ll have to connect up a second amplifier and use the multizone output.