AVC-A10SE volume mystery

u8myufo

Established Member
Reaction score
After a little pair of hands had messed about with most of the buttons on my remotes the other day I was getting no sound from my speakers when I switched on the TV. Rather than trying to find out what was up I just did a reset and complete new setup in the menue, this included assigning inputs as well.Bingo all was well again, or so I thought. After putting a DVD in the other night to watch I find that the volume although pretty loud does not go as loud as it once did. I know for a fact it will go louder but for the life of me do not know what is causing it. The main volume control goes down to -60 but only up to +18 with input set to DVD, and -60 and +15 on any other source.

The amp whent in for a service a few months back and had all dry soldered joints made good, this was carried out by a reputable company. I am wondering though if there is some kind of volume management device onboard which may have failed? or if there is something I have done wrong or overlooked in the menue setup? Any idea as to what the cause might be would be much appreciated.

Ps Not my child :clap:

Check if it's in analogue mode! (blue buttons middle & left bottom row, just to the left of main vol buttons, on the remote) if it is just hit the blue button on the left called inputmodes set to auto & all should be well, just a thought.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom