1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVC-11SR or AVC-1SE.................

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by oreoboy13, Feb 25, 2002.

1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you could get both these amps at the same price, would you go for the AVC-1SE and get the upgrade in 6 months or get the 11-SR. Is there much difference in sound quality or is it volume etc?

P.S do you have to buy from an offical dealer to get the AVC-11SR upgraded?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What upgrade? This is a brandnew unit - you surely mean the AVC-A1SE!?

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    If they are available for the same price, then go for the A1SE and get the upgrade in a few months and reap the benefits of faster processing, better DAC´s, more features etc and with AL24+ improvements to 2ch music playback (not that its bad now!).

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    AVC-A1SE definitely. The upcoming DVD-A1 DVD player has better DACs than the AVC-11SR, but the king is still the AVC-A1SE.

-B u t !-

There will be limited availability of the upgrade board (the upgraded model is called the KAVC-A1SE), So you might want to think about trying and save up for the AVC-A1SR which will the new undisputed HC integrated amplifier king, it has features that an upgraded AVC-A1SE doesn't, and won't cost a lot more than AVC-A1SE + the price to upgrade. That's what I would do if I were you!

Mark

5. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can the A1SE for £1800 seems like a good idea if you can also get your name on an upgrade set as well. This will give you an A1SR for about £2500. Which sounds like a total bargain.

I have to be a bit sceptical here. Where have you seen the A1SE for £1800. I would have bought that instead of my new A11SR. Damn:devil:

It all really depends on the wad you have to hand. I didnt have £2000+ to spend on an amp so bought the A11SR. Sound quality is brilliant. I cant turn it all the way up as my ears start to hurt. I live in a detached house so I can crank it up as much as possible but it is very very loud.

Obviously if you have the cash the modified A1SE or A1SR will be better than A11SR as it is the flagship product.

But for a lot of people the A11SR is such a major step up from their previous system it is more than enough.

Rog

6. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    From my thread on Special Offers:-
    "I see that AVland are offering the Denon AVC-A1SE for £1,500 and that's before you start haggling with them and knocking a few hundred more off!

UNFORTUNATELY IT'S JUST BEEN POINTED OUT TO ME THAT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE GOLD AVC-A1SE LEFT (NO BLACK ONES) AND IT'S "EX DEMO" OR WHAT I WOULD TERM USED!! VERY SLIMY, AVLAND!

Regards

Jim :)

DENON AVC-A11SR Amplifier £1,799.95
    DENON AVC-A1SE Amplifier £1,500.00 Only one gold "ex demo" unit left, at this price though!
    DENON AVC-A1SR Amplifier £TBC"

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There will be limited availability of the upgrade board (the upgraded model is called the KAVC-A1SE), So you might want to think about trying and save up for the AVC-A1SR which will the new undisputed HC integrated amplifier king, it has features that an upgraded AVC-A1SE doesn't, and won't cost a lot more than AVC-A1SE + the price to upgrade.

It's a rumour that the boards will be limited and there are not many new features added, can only recall the video signal conversion (composite to S-Video and vice versa).
    The price for the AVC-A1SR is said to be about EUR4700, that's IMHO a lot more.
    At this price I would rather start to consider a pre/power combo ...

8. Lucky

Lucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Avland A1SE is an ex demo one off at £1,500. They're pricing the A1SR at £3,000 TBC. I went for the A11SR, upgrading from a DSPA1 - no comparison. The A11SR provides hugely good value for money as I'm sure does the A1SE and it's upgraded version. All depends on your budget.....

9. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that info Lucky. What a complete con to place a s/h AVC-A1SE in the price list at £1,500 amongst all the new equipment!! :-( I didn't actually click on the "Model" information part of the page as I have an AVC-A1SE and know the spec. Would you expect to find "ex demo" cars priced amongst the new ones with no mention of this fact? An "ex demo" unit isn't new as it's been used and should therefore be classed as secondhand! If AVland wish to offload used stuff it should not be within the confines of the brand new, boxed equipment.

Regards

Jim

10. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The Rumour starts on page 47 of this month's Home Cinema Choice magazine by Jun Igarashi – direct from DENON headquarters in Japan.

The differences I've noticed are:
    - Video up-conversion;
    - 8 Channel Analogue External In bass/multichannel management using 24bit/192khz ADC's;
    - On screen volume indicator;
    - True THX Ultra 2 certification.

Mark