Avatar Blu-ray menu text is invisible!

UpsetSmiley

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, as you might have already gathered I'm new to AVForums, and I was wondering if someone could help me out here.

The text on the main menu isn't invisible per say, it's just the curser (highlighter to show what you're selecting on the main menu is not present alas I'm unable to select anything knowingly)

I own a Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player and I've noticed this menu issue for some time now. The invisible highlighter only occurs with selected Blu-rays. I think I noticed it on one of the Star Wars movies, and more recently Avatar, navigating was pure fluke as I couldn't make out was I selecting.

I don't need a firmware update, as my player tells me it is already updated, I've messed around with screen settings by changing brightness etc.

I'm clueless right now and playing movies shouldn't have to be a guessing game. Any suggestions? :(

Thank you.

It is possibly an anomaly caused by how the Java script menu was authored and the implementation of Java on the player. If the player's firmware is up to date then you need to contact Sony and report the issue to them. There's nothing you can do yourself to rectify this.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom