Available Micorophones for my JVC GR-DV700EK

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Centurion, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to invest in some type of "shot gun" microphone mounted on the hot-shoe of my JVC GR-DV700EK. And was hoping if any of you had any ideas as to which to go for.

So far I've been looking at the Sennheiser MKE-300 and the JVC MZ-V3!

Would the above mic's be compatible

Your thoughts would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    The Sennheiser MKE-300 is a great mic that I have advised others on here to check out, but it needs a mic input jack on the camcorder to connect it up. Does your cam have a mic input jack? Sorry, but I'm too lazy to check :blush: .

Mark.

3. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there is a mic input jack bunched together with an editting jack & headphone jack. I was hoping for a cheaper mic as I'm still in the amatuer stage of DV, are there any about for less than £100?

Thanks for the help mark much appreciated

4. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've been looking at mics for my JVC 4000 and nearly bought an Audio Technica ATR55 for £70 but just couldn't enough on the web to back it up. Seems that the Sennheiser really is the only budget choice so I snapped one up on ebay a couple of days ago for £75. Based on what I've read this is still a compromise but anything better looks like it will cast £300+ so it'll have to do for now.