1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Available in UK from Friday 14 May 2004

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by StooMonster, May 12, 2004.

1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Quali-TV QS-1080IR HDTV Digital Receiver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This HD-digibox is available in UK from Friday for £399.

http://www.eurosat.uk.com/catalog/p...d=169&osCsid=7ace34eed7ed32977b81355dedc34eee or http://www.parabolic.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=199. for use with Euro1080 subscription.

Does the UK one include the Euro1080 smartcard and subscription? Which includes Canal Digital movie channel plus all the Dutch television channels?

What would I get for my £399 and do I need another dish and LNB or can I coble something on my Sky Digital mini-dish?

StooMonster

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I've been told a better value for money option is to get a HD-Sat card for my plasma PC.

Anyone have a view to pros and cons of each approach?

StooMonster

3. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Stoo, I am going the PC route. Hauppauge Win TV Nova CI ( same as Techno Trend ) which has the conditional access slot. You still need an irdeto CAM and of course the Euro1080 card. Like all PC based systems the software is constantly under development and the latest version (2.17) still has a few shortcomings. The recorded files get split in to 4GB files maximum size and when you go to play them back you can't select the group, I presume it will be improved in the next release.
    Speaking of viewing cards, I got my Euro 1080 cards the other day and would like to test on those other channels you mentioned. What satellite are they on or where did you get the information.
    Thanks

Jim

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Does that mean it doesn't play a live stream?

I wish there was an FAQ sticky about how to do this at the top of this forum.

Jim, I found the Canal Digitaal on Euro1080 here.

"Enjoy the convenience of a single smartcard for the Euro1080 HDTV channel and Canal Digitaal package

March 22 2004. Euro1080 and Canal Digitaal have agreed to use the Irdeto version of the Canal Digitaal smartcard to offer the consumer both the Euro1080 HDTV channel and the full bouquet of the Dutch TV channels from Canal Digitaal in The Netherlands."

Although rereading that after searching for it, doesn't say Canal Digitaal are transmitting in HD just sharing the smartcard.

StooMonster

5. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Stoo, The live play is perfect and it also plays perfectly while recording. The problem is that the recorded files are split in to 4GB chunks so a one hour recording is two files. Then when playing them, the player stops at the end of the first file and I have to manually select the next file. As I said it will probably be corrected in the next software release.
    Thanks for the Canal info, I will have to investigate.

Jim

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,695
    It does say 'Note: This offering is only available for consumers registered in the Netherlands' which I assume means UK buyers can't get the canal digitaal card.

Andy

7. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Muf

were are you buying yours from. I am interested in going this route as well. Do you have to have an Irdeto 2 cam or will any Irdeto cam do?

thanks
    Darren

8. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Darren
    I am using one of the latest Irdeto cams and can confirm that it works perfectly in decrypting Euro1080. I believe any irdeto cam from the last few years will do but the very old ones will not.
    Jim.