Question Available alternative to the BenQ HT2050 in the UK?

jamima

Novice Member
Reaction score
My first post on here after reading up for a while. I have been humming and ho -ing about buying a 3D projector for a few years, reading up a lot to get an idea of what I can get in my price range ( about £600 max I am hoping ). For a long time it was the Optoma hd131x projector I thought would be best. Then they release the hd141x, then hd142x and even up to hd144x just released, although I can't find any reviews or information about certain specs like the colour wheel on it.

Now I have been looking at the BenQ HT2050, reading very positive reviews and seeing that the image is a bit richer than the Optoma HD142x from video comparisons. Another point of interest is that there is much less Rainbow-Effect than on an Optoma apparently, it is better for gaming and has lots of inputs ... but I can't find one in the UK except imported :/

For me it is important I can get some support from BenQ if there is a problem with the unit, so buying from abroad seems risky to me

I wanted to ask if anyone can advise me about any of the above mentioned projectors, and if there is a suitable BenQ 3D projector available or with a different name around this price point ?

And if anyone can comment on the Optoma HD144x ? I am interested to know if it is anywhere near the BenQ HT2050

My main interest is to watch 3D movies and hope to have an excellent home cinema, as well as to play video games

My room is 9 metres in length, so about an 8 metre throw ~ I would be just as happy with a short throw projector if the 3D quality was just as good

Thanks in advance for any advice !

Having read on I've found that the BenQ HT2050 is the W1110 in Europe but maybe with a shorter throw (?), so a 100" projection diagonally from 2.5 metres away or so. I think it is either this model, the Optoma HD143x or maybe wait and see what other projectors are released in the next month

did you buy a projector in the end? I'm also looking for a good all-round budget level projector and considering the HD143x, so wondered if you bought this or smth else

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom