Availability Update

Andrew Mogford

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know that I have just spoken to the managers in my local CPW and Phones 4 U (I have reservations with both).

Both managers had just come off conference calls less than an hour before.

CPW allocation = 3000. Manager said he cannot even say if he will get any stock and if he will then it is likely to be less than five. I am first on the list but am "unlikely" to get one. He will call me later. This is the Norwich flagship store.

Phones4U allocation = 600,000. They are taking no more preorders but "at this stage" are still guaranteeing my preorder as long as "the driver doesn't have an accident".

Make of the above what you will. I am still quite cynical about Phones4U but will be over the moon if they do deliver.

Phones 4 U are getting 600k units? Seriously?

Are phones 4 u doing sim free at launch ?

Edit; don't worry is seems not.:(

Just to let you know that I have just spoken to the managers in my local CPW and Phones 4 U (I have reservations with both).

Both managers had just come off conference calls less than an hour before.

CPW allocation = 3000. Manager said he cannot even say if he will get any stock and if he will then it is likely to be less than five. I am first on the list but am "unlikely" to get one. He will call me later. This is the Norwich flagship store.

Phones4U allocation = 600,000. They are taking no more preorders but "at this stage" are still guaranteeing my preorder as long as "the driver doesn't have an accident".

Make of the above what you will. I am still quite cynical about Phones4U but will be over the moon if they do deliver.

Sounds VERY fishy to me!!! :rolleyes:

Phones 4 U are getting 600k units? Seriously?

Its what they said. I was doubtful from the start but they've just done a massive refit in my local store and pushing the iPhone hard so maybe so.

It only cost me a fiver for a deposit so it wasn't a major deal. Put it down ten days ago.

I made a comment in another thread about P4U... they will lie, cheat and sell their Mum's in order to get a sale. Therefore if they are telling you they have 600k items, take it with a large pinch of salt.

You'll get to store thinking they have loads, realise they don't and have to listen to them telling you a Nokia X6 is a better phone and you should buy that instead.

P4U have 600,000 units coming there way, do they? pmsl:rotfl:

I made a comment in another thread about P4U... they will lie, cheat and sell their Mum's in order to get a sale. Therefore if they are telling you they have 600k items

If they say they have any amount, they won't have any!

I'm ŵith Rob here, I think these guys are owned by Simon Cauldwell and he is the king of "Do whatever you need to do to make the sale".

Last edited:
Worldwide pre order sales were 600,000 and phones4u are getting them all. Poor America, they will be annoyed:devil:

Regards

John.

My local Phones4U branch couldn't even stretch to a poster in the window. They had a flip chart out side with a bit of A3 paper clipped to it saying 'Get the new Iphone here'.

no great shakes if they don't have one for me on Thursday, got a reservation at the apple store. all bases covered :cool:

Worldwide pre order sales were 600,000 and phones4u are getting them all. Poor America, they will be annoyed:devil:

Regards

John.

No they wern't. Apple took 600,000 pre-orders in the first day alone in America. No idea how many phones 4 u have, as long as they have one for me when i turn up at opening on Thursday, that's all i care about

No they wern't. Apple took 600,000 pre-orders in the first day alone in America. No idea how many phones 4 u have, as long as they have one for me when i turn up at opening on Thursday, that's all i care about

This is correct.

However, Apple received 600,000 pre-orders in a day in America, which pushed the delivery dates back. This makes it extremely difficult to believe Phones4U will have that same amount to themselves, for day 1.

No way on the face of this earth are phones 4 u getting that many units, absolutely no chance

My local Phones4U branch couldn't even stretch to a poster in the window. They had a flip chart out side with a bit of A3 paper clipped to it saying 'Get the new Iphone here'.

:rotfl:

Is the £5 or whatever you payed p4u refundable? What happens if no iPhones come and they say you have to spend the money in store?:devil:

I went and paid a fiver over today to 'reserve' one and I can't remember even seeing anything remotely iPhone 4 advertised (might have had the blinkers on though).

The guy reckons he's going to phone me tomorrow about allocated stock and opening times. I doubt he will, but I know his name so he'll definately remember me by the end of tomorrow...

Is the £5 or whatever you payed p4u refundable? What happens if no iPhones come and they say you have to spend the money in store?:devil:
I asked what would happen if they don't have enough stock to cover reserved demand and had a simple 'we will look very stupid'...

If you're interested on getting an iPhone 4 via a contract upgrade from Orange (if you're eligible), I've just been able to order 32Gb in black direct from Orange. Dial 150, then 1, then option 4 for upgrades.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom