Availability of the Pio 757Ai

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matthew J Taylo, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening All,

I've just been emailed from Techtronics who've cancelled my order for a Pio 757Ai (replacing the one that got stolen!!) saying that Pioneer have stopped manufactoring & can't supply?

Checking other sites it looks as if it's out of stock everywhere, can anyone let me know if I'm likely to find a multi-region 757Ai or should I ask the insurance company to stump up for the 868Ai ?

Cheers

Matt:eek:

2. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard this a month or so ago when I changed my order to a 868. They, I believe, did ship out more 757's end of october so I'd think you would still be able to find one but I suspect not from the cheaper retailers, or those with back orders to fill.

But then again they aren't shipping the 868's yet either so a bit of a black hole at the moment. :(

3. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Le concepts have it in stock.

4. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JSW,

I'm not familiar with this website, do you have the link/address?

Cheers

Matt:smashin:

5. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LE concepts - bought a Yam receiver from them - was a grey import - i knew nothing about this at the time, so check on this (spec was different, plus had one input inoperative). It was a very good price, but the spec says why.

They also confirmed my order for a DVD player, with next day delivery, only to say after 2 weeks that they couldn't supply it;

Also got a £600 speaker set - after 3 weeks of promissing "it's in stock for - next day delivery" (they kept blaming an oversight in dispatch), one arrived badly damaged and one of their very rude staff sent me a very rude email suggesting I was unreasonable and at fault for asking for an urgent replacement - which they finally did very reluctantly!!! I am still staggered by their rudeness when i had been so badly treated.

Obviously it was just a one-off! They are probably fabulous apart from this. But from this experience I learned cheapest isn't always best.

If anyone from LEconcepts sees this and wants to take it up with me - fine - I am still smarting from the experience, and after weeks of hassle with them when i finally got what i ordered I was too burned out to complain further, especially as they were in the habit of only responding to every third email.

7. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My only experience with LEConcepts was buying a 757ai from them a couple of months ago.
    I phoned to check they really were in stock (no-one else had any at the time), then ordered from the website & the player arrived the next day.
    That's a thumbs-up from me, but only based on one transaction.

8. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I genuinely hope mine was a one off experience

9. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    your one off experience is not a one off my cousin ordered a toshiba 36" tv off them they dropped it when they delivered it broke the cabinet and now he has got barclaycard dealing with them, they will not answer emails, refuse to accept special delivery letters and just will not accept they are to blame the tv is now in his garage waiting for barclaycard to sort it out. I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole & he is not the only person having problems with them.

10. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid I feel the same way about them (barge pole experience). It is "interesting" that a problem occurred in the same way - refusal to deal with damaged goods...(though that was just the final on of several problems along the way!).

I think I sent them a "notice prior to action" (7 days notice requesting remedy - or going to the small claims court), however, not accepting recorded delivery letters is a problem here. I reckon repeated refusal to accept them would hold sway with the small claims court - i am sure they are well used to this strategy [unaccpetable phrase removed by admin].

It is strange that they want to behave this way - surely the courriers have insurance that would reimburse LE?

My optimism that it was a one off was really just an attempt to appear to be fair, [unaccpetable phrase removed by admin].

I think it would be worth informing their local trading standards office.

There are, in any case, the distance selling regulations which should allow for a refund for whatever reason, I think within 7 days - although 7 days have passed it will be through their refusal to deal with it rather than a belated complaint, I suspect.

They deserve to have their knuckles severely rapped - the hassle, dissapointment and costs we experience when things go wrong are significant. Unfortunately (as in my case) when a remedy is finally achieved one is usually too sick of the whole thing to follow up with complaints to the appropriate authorities - and I reckon they get by because of this very fact, they probably rely on this!

Give 'em what they deserve!

11. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a (sneaky) thought - why not send them a recorded delivery "parcel" - a box containing the letter - I guess they might mistakenly accept that!

12. paulfd

paulfd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my Denon 3802 from them last year and a Pioneer 757 couple of months aga.

Thumbs up from me. Denon arrived next day but the DVD was late due to mistake with delivery company. One phone call and it arrived the following day as promised. Gent I spoke to was extremely apologetic about it.

Always found staff on phone were very pleasant and helpful but I wasn't complaining though.