Availability of 46PZ85 at John Lewis

rosswf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else is in the same boat as me but I'm waiting for John Lewis to get stock of the 46PZ85. Panasonic's 5-year warranty may be very good, but I've always had excellent aftersales service from JL and as the TV is for my parents, the peace of mind is worth something to me on an outlay of this size (though I do hope to get them to pricematch if and when they do get stock).

Having had naff all help from the web enquiry form (someone emailed to say they had no plans to stock the 46P285 (sic) anytime soon, I eventually phoned them and was told they were expecting stock of both in June/July but could not confirm dates.

Just wondering if anyone else is waiting on this too and what you've been told by JL - I don't want to keep hanging on and miss out on Panasonic's warranty offer somewhere else if JL have no intention of stocking the 46PZ85 (I may prefer JL but I'm not stupid).

P.S. Unfortunately the 46PZ80 is no good to me because I need the third HDMI already and not having it at the back would be daft.

I am also waiting for this as well. i totally agree with you that the JL aftersales is brilliant and i have decided to wait for another 2-3 weeks before i get impatient....

i visited JL at Bluewater last weekend and i was told that they will receive the 46PZ85 sometime in June - no confirmation on more exact dates though....:(

CHoly,

That makes two of us then. Looks like you've been told similar things which is a good sign. I think the Panasonic 5 year deal is on until the end of July so I can always buy somewhere else if they still haven't got them in by then...

i was all set to go ahead with the 46pz80 until i saw it in the flesh today. It looks poor compared to the pz85. Feature wise the pz80 has enough for me but it looks rubbish and plasticy.

There was no sign of the 46pz85 on there system and the salesman had no clue but hopefully it will appear soon.

I was in JL in Glasgow this week and they had the 46pz80 on their system but they weren't able to order any stock

Surely cosmetically the pz80 is the same as the pz85 - why do you say it is inferior??

I was in JL in Glasgow this week and they had the 46pz80 on their system but they weren't able to order any stock

Surely cosmetically the pz80 is the same as the pz85 - why do you say it is inferior??

The PZ80 is different cosmetically to the PZ85, the main difference being that the 85 has a silver insert at the bottom of the panel.Personally, I don't find the PZ80's looks inferior to the PZ85 and I would rather save £200.

When i looked at the images of each online i was happy with the PZ80 and was all set to go with that. I saw both (albeit the 42"s) today in John Lewis and i was disappointed with the PZ80 and wondered if i would just stump up the extra for the 85. Normally i wouldnt care about these kinds of things.

The 80 has much more silver on the front at the bottom and it really does look like cheap plastic, altough it is within the the rectange frame (if you know what i mean). The 85 has a strange silver bit at the bottom that is more like an extra bit added below the main rectangle frame, but in reality its not as bad as it sounds. I just felt that it looked much more like an expensive tv. This is after first seeing the 85 online and thinking it looked rubbish.

At the end of the day its a very personal thing. Go see both side by side and make a call.

Did any member of the forum have more information on this?? :lease:

John Lewis have now posted the 46PZ80 and 46PZ81 on the website at £1499 and £1699 respectively - which means the 46PZ85 would logically be £1599, but it's not listed. I'm wondering if they are just going to stock the other two models.

Checked on my system at work and the 46PZ85 is not on there at all i'm afraid.

This doesn't mean that it wont be stocked but I would be suprised if it is as there are so many panasonic models available now and there simply isnt enough room in the assortment to stock them all

Given up on them ever getting the PZ85 in.

Will try and go for the 46PZ80 instead - if I can get them to offer a half realistic pricematch (they're having a laugh at £1499).

Given up on them ever getting the PZ85 in.

Will try and go for the 46PZ80 instead - if I can get them to offer a half realistic pricematch (they're having a laugh at £1499).
JL Bristol have Price Matched Sound & Vision's price of £1133 for the 46PZ80B.

Decision times... i guess that we may not see the 46PZ85 in John Lewis any time soon, and i woudl like to make a decision before the "free" Panasonic 5-year guarantee offer expires. The question is:
- do i still wait?
- do i go for the 42PZ85 (currently PM for around £900)?
- or do i just go for the 46PZ80 (PM for £1150)??

JNMaster, many thanks for the tip about JL Bristol. They have price matched today at £1128 against Sound and Vision.

CHoly, you might decide you prefer the PZ85, personally I went for the PZ80 as there doesn't seem much value in the IFC technology and I did want to get from JL given the cost of the tv and piece of mind (they've just replaced £2k of new carpet at my parents' place with no quibbles as there was an error in the manufacturing - that's good service). Shame to have a useless front HDMI port but I really don't think JL will stock the PZ85.

JNMaster, many thanks for the tip about JL Bristol. They have price matched today at £1128 against Sound and Vision.

CHoly, you might decide you prefer the PZ85, personally I went for the PZ80 as there doesn't seem much value in the IFC technology and I did want to get from JL given the cost of the tv and piece of mind (they've just replaced £2k of new carpet at my parents' place with no quibbles as there was an error in the manufacturing - that's good service). Shame to have a useless front HDMI port but I really don't think JL will stock the PZ85.

I was in JL in Cambridge yesterday, they had never heard of the PZ85 and therefore could not order one :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom