AV9 Monitor Out.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Pollensa1946, Sep 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pollensa1946

Pollensa1946

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just set up my AV9 which has been in storage while the room was being refurbished. All connected up and working fine. I also have a new LCD TV.
    On my previous TV I had used the Monitor Out S-Video connection for the OSD, but that would not work at all with the S-Video connection on the new TV (Mystery? Anybody know why?). So I used the Monitor Out Composite Video RCA connection into the TV, and that works OK. Only thing is I did not have a proper video cable and used instead an analogue audio RCA connector. No problems so far but am I likely to have a problem with not using a video cable?
    I don't use any video connections on the AV9 other than the OSD out. Audio only.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,531
    You should not have any problems - the only difference is that an audio cable has a red or white (sometimes black or grey) dot whereas a composite video cable has a yellow dot. Some (older) audio cables don't have 75 Ohm impedance, but in a world where manufacturers are interested in reducing costs, this is not common.

Chances are that you S-VHS cable has a bent pin - this being easily done.

3. Pollensa1946

Pollensa1946

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    No bent pins. I tried 2 cables and both are perfect pin-wise. However, the problem is solved, although remains a mystery.
    After tweaking both the AV9 and the TV to my satisfaction. I pulled out the composite video analogue cable and put in the S-Video cable. Up came the OSD. Previously the TV did not even recognise that there was an input on S-Video.
    Thanks for your quick response.