AV9 Installation Help

DJBlade

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need some help here guys, if im watching sky through my system, and i put the av9 into standby, i lose the picture. next morning, if i just switch on my monitor and the sky box, the av9 passes through the signal whilst its in standby, why ? i'd like it to pass it through all the time !

I don't use my AV9 for video (all the HDMI cables go through my DVDO Edge) so while I don't have experience directly of this I'd suggest it's something to do with handshaking. If you put your AV9 into standby and want to carry on watching TV I'd guess you'd have to turn off the Sky box and the TV and then turn them back on to get the handshaking to work.

As I never listen to my TV without the AV9 on so I've not found a need to do this myself.

Hi, I need some help here guys, if im watching sky through my system, and i put the av9 into standby, i lose the picture. next morning, if i just switch on my monitor and the sky box, the av9 passes through the signal whilst its in standby, why ? i'd like it to pass it through all the time !

In order for you to get the picture, all the time you need to keep it at the same input. Once you chance inputs, and put the AV9 on standby, you will lose the picture. But, this is not a big deal. If you turn on the skybox and there is no picture, just turn on the av9 with the correct input and then you can place the av9 on standby again, and turn the sky box on and off.

Ok, another slight install prob, my system is located in another room .. i have a xantech sensor in my living room, which is controlling the av9 just fine, and a sky magic eye is a ok, but, having connected the jack plug on the remote out (on the avp) to my dvd players remote in, i still cant controll my dv139, any idea's guys ?

TIA.

I use an externally powered Sonance IR connector to support control of all my Arcam equipment. You may fnd this the better option. It's definitely more reliable when controlling multiple devices.

The AV9's IR control in is a powered unit (3.5mm stereo jack) and it may require manually disabling the front panel receiver to prevent dupicate operations. The AV9's IR control out is also powered (yes!). The DV139, like the other Arcam devices, is unpowered (3.5mm mono).

You therefore need to mock up a suitable cable handling only the tip (signal) and ring (0V) from the AV9, discarding the sleeve (12V). Of course, if you've already attempted to use a mono jack or wired through stereo jack, you may have shorted and damaged the emitter.

Go to Table of Resources and download the AV9 Custom Install manual for detailled instructions.

Thanks Mark, i did have my system all set up and working before i rented my house out some 18 months ago and was wondering if i was re using the correct 3.5mm mini jack cable from the av9 to dv139, i think i'll try finding a mono 3.5mm mini jack cable and try that for now .....

i think i'll try finding a mono 3.5mm mini jack cable and try that for now .....
NO! DON'T! That will short the active lead in the AV9:suicide: . I gave you a link to the Custom Install documentation, so :rtfm: :)

The AV9's IR control out is also powered (yes!). The DV139, like the other Arcam devices, is unpowered (3.5mm mono).

So, from av9 to dv139 should be mono or stereo ? i did have it all set up and working perfect before i moved out and pulled my system apart using the av9 and dv139 ....

So, from av9 to dv139 should be mono or stereo ?
Neither. It should be as I explained it in post #3.

Hmmmmm, well the last time i had it all set up, i used either a stereo or mono cable from av9 to dv139 and it all worked fine !!

Last edited:
i like the idea of using power from the AV9 to power up the Keene IR Distribution Amplifier. Easy to wire something up ?
It probably won't work, as the AV9's power is sufficient for the IR receiver, but unlikely to be for the connecting block amplifier.

According to the Keene web site the IR distribution amplifier is supplied with a mains to 12V DC power supply. So it's really just a matter of connecting it up as per the instructions.

OK, cheers Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom