AV8 volume control display

mightyoakbob

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed in some photographs of the latest Arcam pre-amps that the volume control has a large numerical display option and I do wish the AV8 could have the same.

The problem is that from my seating position the numerical display of volume is just not readable it is too small. The bar I don't find terribly helpful at all, in fact the point of it escapes me.

I'm sure Arcam wouldn't add this just for me but how do other users feel? Would you like the option of the large numeric volume display? Presumably they already have the code to do this so you never know, it may be just about possible if a number of users wanted it.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

Bob.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your feed back on the AV8. Unfortunately it is a THX requirement that the decoding mode is displayed in the normal operating state. (i.e when its not in setup or control menus). So we cannot use the same large display as is used on the other ARCAM amplifers.

Regards,
Andrew Dutton.

Thanks Andrew for your comments.

At the risk of labouring the point would it not be possible to optionally replace only the left hand side of the display, what is currently the bar and small numerical with a large numeric? The intention being to leave the RHS THX info untouched.

Or, failing that, what about a momentary large display so the large numeric chars are only displayed when you adjust the volume and for a second or two afterwards.

Cheers,

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I am sorry, I have spoken to the Software team and they tell me that this would simply require to much extra memory space (to hold a large font) and very significant rewrite of the the AV8 user interface. I will however keep it in mind for the future.

Regards,
Andrew

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom