AV8 Sound from DVDR

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Tracey, Jun 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've got a DVD recorder connected to the AV8 via an optical lead, the problem is I can't use any of the 'effect' modes like sport, party etc. I'm sure this is because I only have a digital connection and need an anlogue interconnect for those to work, but just wanted to check. I'm not happy at all with the sound I'm getting (using a Panasonic HS2), but luckily I have a spare set of phono leads that I can use instead. I just assumed that using an optical lead would result in better sound, but Dolby PLII and digital stereo sounds awful when playing back stuff from my hard drive, much worse than my Sky box which is only has an analogue output.

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

You can use the effects on digital stereo PCM. So if the DVDR is not outputing PCM for your recordnings you can go into the DVDR setup and change its output from bitstream to PCM. You should then be able to use the effects. Also check that the AV8 is set to stereo not any of the prologic or DTS options as it is only in stereo mode that the effects work.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andrew, I didn't even think of looking at the HS2 menu, I'll give it a go tonight.

Tracey