1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV8 & Sky Digibox

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by RAM69, Jul 16, 2004.

1. RAM69

RAM69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I connect my Digibox to an AV8 using a scart to 3 phono's to take the RGB signal through the component inputs. The output will go through component to my projector.

Or should I use a RGB/component converter. I am trying to keep the cabling to a minimum.

I also have an elderly Pioneer 515 laser disc which I would like to connect the same way.

The Pioneer was my first bit of kit and it would be a shame to part with it.

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The AV8 supports RGBS video (4 wire, as on SCART connectors) which means you need to include the composite video wiring as well, as this has the sync signals on it. (NB - It can't support component and RGBS simultaneously). QED make suitable converter cables.

However if your PJ only supports component video this obviously won't work and then you would need to install an RGB to component video converter before the AV8 to turn the Sky signal into component video.

It should be OK to run the laserdisc player from its composite video output as that is how the signal is recorded on the LD. This will mean another wire to the PJ unless it accepts the 4 wire RGBS signal referred to earlier.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

PS - Your dealer should really be able to advise you on all of this - that is what he is there for!

3. RAM69

RAM69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John

The projector is a SIM2 HT300 Xtra so has all the relevant connections.

I have a component, S video and composite cable and I intend to run this from the AV8 to the pj.

I know the dealer should be able to answer these questions, I am awaiting delivery/installation of the pj and AV8 which should be this week. I just like to find out about these things for myself.

It sounds ilke I can use a scart to 4 phono cable for the digibox and scart to composite for the laser disc both to the AV8.