1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV8 Questions

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Jesse350, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Jesse350

Jesse350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again. As you all know, I am a novice with Arcam and have questions which various people have kindly put up with and answered them. A CD Rom came with my AV8. On it is the following:
    "AV8 Programmer utility and 'Pronto' overlay. Please read the instructions in the AV8 handbook before using this disk." The number on the disk is 2.1.

I did not find any instructions which I can understand in the handbook and need to be told step by step how to use this disk and any future disks. I do have a computer with Windows XP if that is useful. I do want to update the AV8 when it is possible and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it in simple English. Thank you.

Jesse Joseph :confused:

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    It is very unlikely that your AV8 needs a software update as the software hasn't changed for a long time.

When it needs to be updated your dealer should do it for you. We only supply the CD ROM for people who don't wish to take there AV8 back to the dealer, however to perform the upgrade you would also need a null modem cable.

The instructions are on the CD ROM however you don't need to do anything at the moment as there is no new software.

Regards,
    Andrew