1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV8 Name switcharoo

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Greggles, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    As owners of Arcam's flagship processor will know, it is possible to change the name of each source using Adv Menu 6. Having recently retired the VCR to the bedroom and replacing it with a DVD Recorder, I decided to change the name on the AV8.
    This bought up a glitch which I first discovered when I first purchased the AV8, which goes something like this:
    1) set name of vcr to,say, DVD-R
    2) set name of tape to, say, Nakamichi
    3) Save settings
    4) Switch off (not standby)
    5) Switch on
    Now when I select tape the AV8 displays DVD-R and visa versa. In other words the Names of the vcr and tape switch around. It does not effect the operation of the machine and there is a simple work around (I simply name them the wrong way round and when they switch they correct themselves)
    Arcam were stumped and could not duplicate anomally on their unit. Anyone else have similar strange happenings??

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

We have tracked this down and it has been fixed in the new release of the software which is in Beta testing.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Interesting! When I phoned Arcam tech support about a year ago, they were unable to reproduce this effect. I kinda got the feeling that they thought they had a crazy person on the phone!
    Any way, thanks Andy; I look forward to the new software release. Could you tell me what else it will include? Any news on DPLIIx implementation for the AV8?